NOT SO GOOD MECHANIC!

pugmyre, Aug 9, 11:10pm
BMW 318i engine was missing on low revs.Taken to mechanic, who diagnosed Valve Problem.Did not do Compression Test.Tore off the head and did Valve job etc, put back together.On Start up had the same miss in it.Problem solved - Fuel Filter.My friend ain't happy.

jmma, Aug 9, 11:14pm
Not hard to understand why not happy, was this at a garage or a back yarder!

pugmyre, Aug 10, 12:43am
Sadly, a garage.Compression test would've told the story.

mrfxit, Aug 10, 12:48am
1 man /2 man band or company franchise.
YOUR mate needs to talk to the manager

thejazzpianoma, Aug 10, 12:51am
I hope they only paid for the fuel filter.

pugmyre, Aug 10, 12:54am
Unfortunately no.It was a whole lot more than that.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 10, 12:57am
MTA member!
Sounds like a job for a polite but firm letter outlining the error of their ways and requesting a refund for the unnecessary work due to sub standard diagnosis techniques. Quote some consumer guarantees act in there for good measure. Keep it objective.
Complain to the MTA if they are a member and follow up with the disputes tribunal if they don't refund.

elect70, Aug 10, 1:46am
Some never learn , just rip in. Seen 1 who took trans out of mitsi callantsent it away to reconcame backnoproblems, turns out it was the ECU unitnever told client of course

strobo, Aug 10, 6:53am
The person who did the job would probably not be a Trade certifiedtechnician/engineer & certainly not a mechanics A hole!A lesson to be learnt next time after the vehicle is sorted out , Always check out the BOZO's in the workshop first.before booking in!

trouser, Aug 10, 7:19am
Thats a good case for the disputes tribunal. CGA should cover this nicely.

strobo, Aug 10, 7:45am
Ummm read my post again please ! lol#11 makes more sense

strobo, Aug 10, 7:53am
Is "Prestige" a clue for me regards the Puegeot mate! Yes or no answer is fine. & good luck with your new venture.

snoopy221, Aug 10, 9:32am
Go hard, run around & find the place that charges the most - they will know whats wrong
Or probably not

Edited by zephyrheaven at 7:13 pm, Fri 10 Aug

zephyrheaven (665 )7:13 pm, Fri 10 Aug #10

Aye Jimmy ya been seeein dat shyte 2 much bra.

And ya GOOD-LOL