TH700, 700R4, Turbo 700 Gearbox, 4L60/80

vibr8a, Aug 30, 8:20am
Righto, so I found a great door for my Holden, now Im after a good gearbox, a 4 speed auto which is usually called one of the above. I need a manual kickdown (not electronic) and Im fitting it to a Holden pattern 308, I have the adaptor plate, I believe my crossmember will take the turbo box mounts so need a good complete box. Anyone got one out there! Theres a nice sounding one on here at the moment but the seller is not willing to stand behind it for any length of time, so the search continues. Let me know if you have one!

alltorque350, Aug 30, 9:37am
They came out in v8 vp and vn comondores.
You will need to use a speedo drive off a th350 cause they have an electronic drive.

vibr8a, Aug 30, 11:09am
I think I could use an electric drive though, I have a digi dash so need the two wire sender. Dont have one do you! do you know the difference in the 4L60/80! is the 60 for a V6!

rod-zone, Aug 31, 7:42am
I have all of the above in stock,it really depends on your budget but the 700r4 is going to be your best bet.I have a good used one,its the early one so the converter lock up is easily wired up either to a switch or a control.it also has the converter with it.I think the price is $700 but id have to double check that
The 65's and 80le's are really expensive,they are fully electronic but i have the stand alone controllers and harness with them,one is BRAND NEW and the other is Factory G.M re built.both with converters but there prices are around $4k but again id have to check
Gav

splinter67, Aug 31, 7:46am
How much was your door

vibr8a, Aug 31, 8:12am
Im dead keen on your good used box, its just for a daily driver, Any sort of warranty at all! Ill try and get in contact with you.

I got a door for $400, was a nice one so pretty wrapped with that, wasnt fussed on price but just want to get the car back on the road!

vibr8a, Dec 10, 8:07am
Finally got a gearbox, from Gav at Rodzone, sounded pretty helpful in the thread above.bit of a story to come on that one.