HQ Drivers Door

Page 1 / 2
vibr8a, Aug 27, 3:08am
Anyone got a good one! its for an insurance repair but just cant find one around that is actually any good.
Cheers

saki, Aug 27, 4:34am
good luck with that,

lordv81, Aug 27, 4:57am
Got an HZ one here,better than the hq ones.No rust or dents last time I looked.

treachug, Aug 27, 6:41am
Was the door caught on the hoist!

attitudedesignz, Aug 27, 6:44am
HJ-WB fronts don't have the little triangle window guide in them at top/front of frame.

grangies, Aug 27, 6:59am
What $$$ figure is it insured for !

If the rest of the car is mint, then maybe the insurance company will pay for it to be repaired at a sheet-metal / light engineering fabrication shop!

lookoutas, Aug 27, 8:06am
The door shell is still the same as HQ

lookoutas, Aug 27, 8:09am
Why would you take it to either of those!

lordv81, Aug 27, 8:11am
No because they dont need them{Some HJs did have them}.They put the little triangle in a different place{bottom front of window},if someone was really anal they can always transplant the little triangle into an HJ-WB door.

attitudedesignz, Aug 27, 8:22am
Pain in the arse to rivet them in tho'.

gunhand, Aug 27, 8:27am
Yep i know, have had 37 HQs, 15 HXs 7 HZs & 2 WBs so i do know a little about them LOL.
attitudedesignz (193 )8:22 pm, Mon 27 Aug #10

Now thats either really tragic or really cool, still deciding LOL.

modie61, Aug 27, 8:30am
Are the sedan doors the same as a ute door !

attitudedesignz, Aug 27, 8:31am
HAHA gun', i know what ya saying. Out of the 207 cars ive owned i always seem to gravitate back to HQs AND.-
.wait for it .-
.Minis (the real ones) had 30 of 'em.

attitudedesignz, Aug 27, 8:31am
Yep. And Statesman right up to WB.

lordv81, Aug 27, 8:32am
Some people want that original look.Some people are buying items now days that I used to throw away or not even pull off the car before dumping it,just so they can get it near original.Alot of guys and girls buying a "classic old skool" car to do up after watching american hot rod and monster garage etc.I got two wbs here Im wrecking at the moment and get some wierd requests for certain parts on them and HQs etc.A different breed of enthusists are starting out in older car culture.

hatchback, Aug 27, 8:34am
Almost a sickness really.

attitudedesignz, Aug 27, 8:35am
I know exactly what ya saying.

I used to throw out HQ stato fronts as no one wanted them because WB Caprice fronts were all the rage at the time.

modie61, Aug 27, 8:35am
Op do you want a brand new skin or a second hand rust free door,less glass !

lookoutas, Aug 27, 8:37am
Thanks for beating me to it. I didn't really wanta be mean.

attitudedesignz, Aug 27, 8:42am
Mate, don't worry, i've learnt to live with my illness haha. IF i can find a pic' & scan it onto 'puter you'll see how bad the illness was/is.

My backyard in Brizzy had 11 HQs, all runners and 80% minters.

The trick to getting more in was to put the new arrivals at the back so when her in doors hung out the washing the same cars were there. Only got busted when the front row kept getting closer to the clothes line hehe.

splinter67, Aug 27, 8:42am
Try all Holden parts in wingate which is in wellington

hatchback, Aug 27, 9:11am
Yeah but he will want a gazzilion $'s

splinter67, Aug 27, 9:17am
Keith dosent charge like a wounded bull but what do you want a good door at a reasonable price or somethingthat you cant use

lordv81, Aug 27, 9:27am
If its an insurance company paying for it then price shouldnt really matter anyways to a degree.Im asking $350-450 for a good drivers door myself.I have seen some sell for over $700 for a single sedan door.Theres an insurance company at the moment looking around for a WB caprice front parts {headlights etc},good luck on that one!

vibr8a, Aug 27, 9:22pm
Ok so I dont have that little triange piece in the top corner (we removed it) but it does have the full glass, I thought the HZ doors had a little patch thing in the lower front corner of each door! And yep, rang a fabrication outfit if I cant find one thats going to be the next option. The door got caught while reversing on my garage and bent the wrong way so a skin probably wont do, top of the frame is mangled as well.