Page 2 / 9
splinter67, Aug 18, 10:24am
What is crappy about it

splinter67, Aug 18, 10:25am
Try building one and lets see how much you can do it for

pnh4, Aug 18, 10:49am
sorry me just a jelly belly, million dollars ride lol

bill-robinson, Aug 18, 6:57pm
the sound for one,gearbox whine coming towards you, droning v8 going past,whining diff going away. All that power lost as noise.

splinter67, Aug 18, 8:03pm
so youve never had anything to do with a racecar apart from watching them on Tv. Funny how people like you think all you have to do to build a race car is to strip out the interior put a rollcage in and go racing now thats funny. The only thing that is standard on a supertourer is the body shell nothing else is what you buy on a normal road usable car

splinter67, Aug 18, 8:04pm
sounds like a sprinter but supertouers dont loose all that power to wheelspin

bill-robinson, Aug 18, 9:19pm
to make noise you use convert another form of energy. takethe power and make the gearbox WHINE,feed what is left to the 9 inch crown wheel and pinion, make more whine. According to a friend of mine there is a 20% power loss ina nine inch CWP.

pnh4, Aug 18, 9:20pm
A 4 Dr budget body shell, why are'nt the Monaro 2dr,s used.

splinter67, Aug 18, 9:29pm
I think you need to go have a look at the supertourer website dont know where you got the idea that they are using monaro shells are they using them for the fords as well

splinter67, Aug 18, 9:45pm
Have you got any proof that the nine inch diff has a 20% power loss makes my bigblock about 840 hp instead of 700 hp as for the gearbox could be the way the gears are cut have you ever listened to a quick change diff under power

3tomany, Aug 18, 11:33pm
ahh because they dont make them da

3tomany, Aug 18, 11:38pm
back to the original subject the reason tv3 lost so much money is because they bought the rights to live coverage and then only gave delayed coverage. programs on in the middle of the nite dont make big advertising dollars, infact a lot of ads at that time are free given to loyal advertisers so you dont have to be an accountant to work out how dumb they are

wotz_it_2_ya, Aug 19, 12:53am
Don't forget that when they started they fronted it with some moronic dj's from a radio station

pnh4, Aug 19, 1:45am
In 2001 when the V series Monaro's were introduced, Holden production racingdidnt usem' I still haven't seen one at Bathhurst since.It was about that time I stopped going there.

3tomany, Aug 19, 4:12am
i may be wrong but back then holden as i beleive could use the monaro because i think the rules for entry were if you manufacture 3000 v8s per year you could enter so in theiry you could enter a holden caprice so as to the monaro you will have to ask holden why they didnt enter it and maybe it wouldnt have been such a huge failure if they had entered a monaro. after project blueprint all that changed but the monaro became irrelavent then anyway because they stoped making it

fordmfp, Aug 20, 1:24am
As a FORD supporter the last thing i want to watch is a Falcon with a Chev in it, If the supertourers had their own engines it would be a great series for both Holden and ford supporters.
On the subject of TV3s coverage im glad they dont have it anymore the coverage was terrible! I hope Sky picks it up and we can watch all the races Live.

floscey, Aug 20, 1:50am
Maybe they should have givin the fords a miss and called it Super Holden International Tourers .

elect70, Aug 20, 2:08am
How many times do you need telling its noit a holden /fordthingthats for NZV8 withdealersupport ,could have used any bodyshell or enginebut those are the most readily available&quantity =reasonable price .Msport is expensive &got tojoin in thehuntfor sponsors with all othersports .

splinter67, Aug 20, 2:40am
That would be better the only thing with having some ford body parts in there it actually gives ford a chance to win the occasional race put a ford motor in there they will be coming last. As for nissan coming to the supercars its a great thing at least the fords wont be coming last all the time.Go the mighty holdens

fordmfp, Aug 20, 2:42am
You say its not Ford or Holden but incase you didnt notice they are running Ford and Holden bodies. Why not just run the one body then!

floscey, Aug 20, 2:49am
you must have been asleep for the last few years.Holdens only winning because they brought the top Ford team. One day you might get to wear your HRT jacketagain.Or just join the rest of the sheep and buy some 888 gear.

3tomany, Aug 20, 3:51am
have you been in a coma for the last 5 years nz v8s put ford 5ltr against holden 5ltr and remind me again who did all the winning.

splinter67, Aug 20, 4:04am
Lets talk about real race cars not the soon to be extinct NZ V8s and the f words won because of an unfair weight advantage why do you think all the top holden drivers changed sides it wasnt because they liked fords

splinter67, Aug 20, 4:08am
Another one who needs to do a bit more research holden didnt buy 888 racing they changed to holden because ford are not going to do any factory backing for v8 racing

floscey, Aug 20, 4:27am
you must have been asleep for the last few years.Holdens only winning because the top ford team changed to Holden . One day you might get to wear your HRT jacketagain.Or just join the rest of the sheep and buy some 888 gear

Just for you splinter .