Complaint re. fault

Page 2 / 2
get0ut, Aug 28, 6:07pm
Who does plastic welding!Would much rather pay $20 than $200!Thanks.
(Never lock the door by holding the handle open.)Like I said to somebody - I could understand if maybe I treated the car roughly, but I look after her. she is my pride any joy - becoming less so now though!

markthesparky, Aug 28, 7:17pm
That's practly new for a car. I bet it's got airbags and abs and powersteering and all sorts of other electris on it and a digital radio A car should for last at least 25 years, 30 if it's a 6 cyl or more

gadgit3, Aug 28, 7:21pm
If the new handle was fitted by a Toyota dealer and is a genuine part then it has a 12month parts warranty and will be replaced for free.

After a re-read I see it is two different door handles not the same one broken twice. keep the above inmind but wont help in this case

rob_man, Aug 28, 7:38pm
I'm picking the $230 might include painting and fitting. They are the same colour as the car.

gadgit3, Aug 28, 7:45pm
Yea I would say so as the part is $131+ retail thats colour coded and $92.42+ retail in black ready for paint.

rob_man, Aug 28, 7:53pm
And I doubt if Toyota carries a full range of the colours available, so that works out about right.

splinter67, Aug 28, 7:55pm
Dude its not a chev its a toyota 11 years old is not a new car

edangus, Aug 28, 9:00pm
Bet ya it was a "degradable plastics" trial.
Can't wait till some of these "degradable" fans cars & furniture starts falling apart after 5 - 10 years.

Mean, but honest.

rob_man, Aug 28, 9:41pm
I was thinking the same thing, the plastics are also more solvent sensitive than they were and should be painted with special products. That rarely happens.

attitudedesignz, Aug 28, 9:49pm
Geeez, we've got a 2001 Vitz that has done 250,000 k's and we haven't broken a door handle. Even if we did i wouldn't complain about it, it's 11 years old and has done 250,000 k's.

WTH is wrong with people, the world is filling with whingers and moaners.

jmma, Aug 28, 9:54pm
Yup+1(o:

get0ut, Aug 28, 9:56pm
Sorry, but I don't consider myself as a whinger and moaner.I work long and hard to support my children and myself - could have taken the easy option and gone on the benefit.
I am paying the damn car off, and will be for the next three years.
Unlike some here, I don't have ready access to spare cash.
Am I being unreasonable in thinking that paying a considerable amount of money would ensure that this wouldn't happen to TWO handles!One I can sort of live with, but TWO!!Come on!

attitudedesignz, Aug 28, 10:07pm
I think you should re-read your post, especially the first bit where you say you're NOTwhinger & moaner and then go on to whinge & moan.

What has "working long & hard" got to do with anything, and how do you know "some on here" have ready access to cash!

Your car is 11 years old and THINGS WILL BREAK.

If you can't afford to fix a car when it breaks then maybe you should reconsider car ownership alltogether.

I just can't fathom why if something breaks on your 11 year old car you think it's someone elses fault.

jmma, Aug 28, 10:09pm
Its bad luck, but the previous owners have had the best out of your car, Things are going to break, most electrical appliances don't last like they used to, same as cars.
Top marks for you working hard and if you need a hand to replace the handle, let me know, I can help.

kazbanz, Aug 28, 10:55pm
I was tempted to react to your post with a big flame about how many hours you work and how many hours I work but heck it just aint worth it.
What I'm struggling to understand though is why given your tight budget you diddn't do some comparison shopping,
One phone call to a dismantler got me a price of $40 and in any color I chose.
The dismantler was endless car spares

get0ut, Aug 28, 11:01pm
Simply because I am not confident enough to take the door panel off, etc.Some jobs are best left to the experts.

splinter67, Aug 28, 11:20pm
Nice guy jmma we need more on these boards like you. You deserve a tui

kazbanz, Aug 28, 11:47pm
And again why not do comparisson shopping!
$40 for the handle and 30 minutes labour means $90 if you are paying for it.