Carjam is useless

casper35, Aug 27, 6:33am
now that they have changed it. You have to pay to look up everything. Going to make it harder to check on car auctionsas a lot of people dont put in the correct details .

ryanm2, Aug 27, 6:36am
Paying for a service, WTF!

meathead_timaru, Aug 28, 4:35am
NZTA should never have started charging for access - it's information that is in the public interest.

hamhonda, Aug 28, 4:47am
Become a member, you get 1 free look-up (basic info only) per month, and one free look up if you add a photo of the type of car you're looking up.As a member in the auto industry it can get costly just looking up info on customers cars because they dont know what it is.Also I do think there should be a better site provided by the NZ Police or similar to find out if a car is stolen though

saxman99, Aug 28, 4:49am

hamhonda, Aug 28, 5:08am
Sorry, should have said "better" website. I'd bought a Corolla that turned out to be stolen, had checked that site plus couple of others, didn't get put on that site till 3 weeks AFTER it had been reported to police as stolen and 2 weeks after I'd tracked down the legal owner and he'd picked it up

casper35, Aug 28, 5:35am
Gets expensive when looking at buying a car as i always do a good history on the car before bidding. So far this month have looked up six.

matthew111, Aug 28, 9:04pm
and you didnt know that already!

texastwo, Aug 28, 9:06pm
Thought it was 3 Free Lookups for registered members

poppajn, Aug 28, 9:19pm
Its been awhile since you looked then!

bellky, Aug 28, 9:25pm
Yep it is.

I haven't worked out how to update cached lookups yet, but for cars without cached lookups there is a box that you log into for a free up to date lookup. (I did one the other day.)

Mostly the information you want is in a cached lookup anyway, even if it's not right up to date. If anyone is really interested in buying a car they'll pay for a report surely, it'd be stupid not to.

smac, Aug 28, 9:58pm
SO that's not a problem with the website, that's a problem with the information not getting keyed to the Police system.

kcc55a, Aug 28, 10:03pm
You are quite wrong!I checked 2 listings last week within 10 mins of each.