Subaru legacy central lock problem

flip7, Aug 23, 9:12am
Have a bp legacy wagon, 2004. Central locking doesn't work. Have tried replacing the drivers main switch and no luck. Someone has suggested something a body control module - Yet to try this. It also makes a beeping sound - can't turn it off - it just beeps till the battery goes flat. Possibly related issue! Can anyone recommend someone that's glued up with these sorts of thing in the wellington/hutt valley area! TIA

ceebee2, Aug 23, 9:28am
Your local auto sparky will be well versed in that problem.

dunwoody, Aug 23, 9:13pm
I would suggest the door shut switch is not working hence the beeping noise and that the central locking will not work if a door is open.

louisesamosa, Aug 23, 9:28pm
We had the same issue with an older model and ended up having them made into independent door locks. Just couldn't be sorted!

dezzie, Aug 23, 9:40pm
Mine is fussy about the central working or not, maybe 25% of the time, it doesn't work so you need to manually open and lock, say at the supermarket, then you come out, and it works again, theres no rhyme or reason to it, one of these days I'll take it to an auto electrican.

lookoutas, Aug 24, 9:46pm
Your's could be that the key battery needs replacing.

hitman45, Aug 26, 2:44pm
My 94 legacy had the same problem but all mine was just a plug coming loose from a relay box thiny near the front passenger left leg.i hope you can understand this

dezzie, Aug 26, 6:02pm
oh, thanks hitman, I'll have a look there, mines a 94 as well.

My key beeper thing has never worked lookoutas, I took it to the subaru place and we swapped batteries and had a play, but it still didn't, I'm talking about when I put the key in the lock on the drivers door, it will only unlock that door (like an old style car) and I have to reach over and flip the rest, same for locking, then, it does work again, its just random times.

guest, Nov 17, 8:02pm
Hi driver-flip7, did you ever manage to solve this? Currently have the same problem.