Is this the fuel pump ? 1.5 ton digger .diesel

NZTools, Aug 21, 5:30am
No. that is the fuel shut off solenoid. The thing it is bolted to is the injector pump. the lift pump looks to be in the bottom left of the photo.

plasticboys, Aug 21, 5:42am
whats happen is it just want go so i put a electic fuel pump on the fuel line and went state away . so has this got a mechanical fuel pump or electric! ta

petermcg, Aug 21, 5:50am
What engine is it.

NZTools, Aug 21, 5:55am
It has got a mechanical fuel pump. Did you run it out of diesel!

plasticboys, Aug 21, 6:04am
l think its a3 cylinderKUBOTA

plasticboys, Aug 21, 6:10am
l have before but not this time. l did fined what your saying is the off solenoid . the plug had pulled out but found it trying to start after repluging it in but never did . but l had pulled fuel lines of it at that stage and put back on . l know it had stoped other times after hitting a bump which now may of been a lose wire on the off solenoid

mm12345, Aug 21, 6:13am
There's diesel all over the place in that photo.Clean it up with a spray can of super-cheap degreaser, then start it and look for the leak, which might be related to the problems you're having.

plasticboys, Aug 21, 6:16am
yip l did fined a cracked hose and fixed that so willlook for more

mm12345, Aug 21, 6:26am
If you bypassed the lift pump with an electric pump, and it ran, then surely you've narrowed it down to either the lift pump itself, or hoses, fittings, filters to the lift pump back to the tank. sucking a bit of air.

intrade, Aug 21, 6:28am
has it got eletric fuel pump or mechanical You should know the 2 big main hoses on your picture are the fuel hoses from and to the tank from what i can tell on your picture. these old pumps normally just shut off when the fuel-delivery rack is retarded to zero. There is 2 arms on your picture . I somwhat doubt that the electric thing is a shut off but cant tell from thet picture . Diesel pump should have a wee bleeder screw to bleed it when it went dry ,Also i hope you got a fuel filter and the filter is not dirty or blocked

plasticboys, Aug 21, 6:54am
l put the pump on where it comes strate out the tank so would of pushed its way through what ever may be blocking it. l mite put a by pass on it to see if l have a blockage in the line

plasticboys, Aug 21, 6:57am
dont know what the other arm does apart from it kills it when you pull it one way. whys it not conected to any thing!

petermcg, Aug 21, 9:40am
I had a diesel once that had a fault with the primary pump and it seemed to get air in the system every start. The primary pump was on the side of the Injector pump. I bypassed it and fitted an electric pump and it solved my problem.

bigfatmat1, Aug 21, 10:05am
kubota 3's dont use a lift pump the thing on injection pump is the shut off solenoid needs power to start as above sounds like electric pump is priming it cause its leaking!

intrade, Aug 21, 3:57pm
that would be connected to a knob to pull when you shut it down on the empty leaver then

plasticboys, Aug 21, 7:51pm
l got some things to look at and think about know .thanks guys

plasticboys, Aug 21, 7:56pm
now you say that when l was puching the fuel through it was leaking under the machine under presher . so will put a new line around the machine to test it

plasticboys, Aug 22, 7:18am
l bought some new line tobypass the old one to see if that would fix it but did not. maybe the one on the machine spites to 2 diffient areas! any clues! ta

intrade, Aug 22, 4:34pm
no idea but you cant have fuel leaks air in the line and it wont start no more.
Dont understand what you did exactly all you need is fuel to the injector pump with no air.

NZTools, Aug 26, 5:08am
So at any point of dissconnecting all these fuel lines, have you bothered to bleed the air out of the injectors/injector lines!

plasticboys, Aug 26, 5:23am
l have and made it run on another fuel pump. now l have found a electric one that does not pump unless you turn the key on and off l guess that is the problem

969pnz, Aug 26, 9:56am
Have you checked injector lines for leaks! If one is leaking, there will be no pressure to the others.

plasticboys, Aug 26, 10:17am
l have pulled the lines on the petrol pump .it just does not tick. has it a relay in it or not