Holden gurus in here please.

cypherboy, Aug 25, 2:18am
Im helping a mate who managed to break his key off in drivers door barrel. Its a 94 Acclaim I managed to get the lock barrel out of the handle. But the bloody thing fell apart into 3 separate pieces when I slid out the retainer clip.

Im trying to put the door handle assy back together and I cant get it in, looks like its fouling up on the steel channel that the window slides up and down on.

Will it be easier to remove window and try move that channel out the way first! And how the hell do I get the window off the regulator, its a scissor type reg and the window seems to be attached to a slider bar. Any pointers!

Thanks!

soph001, Aug 25, 9:37am
Oh dear.
If you need to, the window track (the guide/channel) in cars can normally be undone at the bottom (a bolt or 2) and then can lift/bend it out of the way.
I have never had to remove the window itself or the arm/reg to put door handles back in.
As a general rule "If you're having trouble then you're doing it wrong".
Been a while since I did one of these.but can't remember ever having trouble on Holdens of this era.

soph001, Aug 25, 9:40am
And these locks come fitted into the handle pan, reinstall the lock barrel into the handle plate while the plate is out of the door.

gmphil, Aug 25, 8:43pm
Dontremove window! Came out put back resverse hard to explain but u dont need to remove window