Toyota Surf - cracked head

Page 2 / 2
johnf_456, Aug 25, 5:15am
sigh, we all make mistakes, bit i guess you don't. I was thinking of something else at the time, but i see you just attack rather than help.

flack88, Aug 25, 6:33am
Blowing combustion gas into the overflow,not always a cracked head,seen a couple lately it was just head gasket,cooling system just a mass of scale and rusty water,when will people learn too look after cooling system/!!

mugenb20b, Aug 25, 6:38am
Same difference.head will need to come off anyway.and being a Toyota diesel, 101% of the time, it's the head that goes.

shadow60, Aug 25, 10:49am
pot/kettle

johnf_456, Aug 25, 10:56am
Ah my friend is following me from thread to thread.

shadow60, Aug 25, 11:08am
You dont have any friends. I was mearly pointing out what a wasted space you are.

shadow60, Aug 25, 11:26am
There's that echo you were talking about!

thejazzpianoma, Aug 25, 11:42am
+1
I deleted my response after reading that they had sorted the problem but was actually saying much the same as you here.

There is a design flaw with those Toyota Diesels, almost all of them do at least one head in during their usable lifespan. While maintaining the cooling system helps it dosn't prevent the inevitable it only delays things.

I have seen 3 of the most babied, over serviced and under stressed examples crack heads first hand. These were vehicles that were owned and driven by Toyota enthusiast mechanics.

So yes, I agree if its blown a head gasket you are almost guaranteed that the head is gone too. This particular case may possibly be an exception only because they have recently replaced the head. Which leads me to another point.

I have also noticed that the quality of the replacement heads available seems to vary a lot. There are some really nasty ones that don't last well andothers that last better than the original.