Ba Falcon E Gas Filter and Petrol Air Filter

nomannz123, Aug 20, 9:32am
For the experienced out LPG mechanic out there, is there a difference between the air filters of the BA E Gas model and the Petrol model or is a way to sell a more expensive filter. I am pretty sure the air filter I bought recently is for a petrol vehicle.
I bought an aftermarket Air Filter and the fuel usage dropped around 3-4 km to 15.6 or 16.2 liters per 100 km , with the original Ford filter for the dedicated LPG FalconI was doing around 19.2 liters per 100 km.
Is there a difference and what is the dieffrence

a.woodrow, Aug 20, 9:52am
You are probably getting better economy because the old filter was dirty and restricting air flow

ceebee2, Aug 20, 9:53am
When I used to install gas conversions the air filters were the same, however if it werea K & N then yes they are more economical than the standard unit.

don_logan, Aug 20, 10:48am
The ford filters are different, but I dont think its a difference in filteration. Its to do with construction as the egas can back fire. The ryco is made safe for both petrol and Lpg. I would suggest your ford was blocked as thats pretty shocking consumption for a egas. I am just going from memory here. but I'm sure I read somewhere the petrol filter can catch fire if you get a back fire. but the green egas ones wont.

don_logan, Aug 20, 10:53am
Even your new figures seem to be too high. Have you done a tune up on it recently! If yes, consider replacing the oxygen sensor, and checking stepper motor operation on the convertor.

unbeatabull, Aug 20, 7:24pm
There is a different Filter, as don pointed out. The LPG one is made stronger so as to not get damaged on backfires etc. The petrol ones can explode and fall apart and end up getting sucked into the engine or even catch fire.

nomannz123, Aug 21, 5:42am
it is booked for a tuneup in 2 weeks as the .best guys for the job in hamilton busy with conversions over 2 weeks. will order a proper filter tomorrow