Recommended hatchback 1300cc

Page 4 / 5
johnf_456, Aug 18, 9:34pm
Well you appear to like advertising.

mantagsi, Aug 18, 9:35pm
Yet the way you behave isn't unhealthy! sheesh, pots and kettles rattling like bastards here

mugenb20b, Aug 18, 9:43pm
Why wouldn't I do it! He spends a lot of time on the MB offering a lot of FREE and genuine advice and has done so for many years. Even I learned a lot of things from him.

If you had a business, I'd do it for you too. I don't know what you are like in real life, but over the internet all you do is wind people up.

bellky, Aug 18, 9:55pm
Someone has to point out things that are against the MB rules, like swearing, spam, promotion etc.

I don't very often cause a stink without a reason.

Anyway, you should take another psych paper, you'll be a real expert before you know it.

splinter67, Aug 18, 9:56pm
Just leave them guys one of them will go and delete all there inflammatory posts a long time after you or I can anyone notice how half a thread disappeared all the bits where someone was made to look like a complete tosspot could be these posters work for trademe

mantagsi, Aug 18, 10:37pm
Bellky, the archetypical example of Unwarranted Self Importance.

Eh, hate to point it out to you mr white knight self appointed policeman, but TM actually pay people to work for them, and part of the job description is to moderate the message board.

There is no need for you to go around being the hall monitor. If you want to be a cop, go join them, do it properly if you reckon you are the last light and saving grace of us morally depraved types.

[edit]
Now that I think about it, who is actually benefitting from your idiocy anyway! Was there a cry for help that you had to step in and answer! No! Just as I thought, a typical case of USI alright!

mantagsi, Aug 18, 10:44pm
Ah damnit, another thread derailed, sorry folks, Im switching off my computer now

thejazzpianoma, Aug 18, 11:02pm
The thing with the Fiat is you are going to get 1500cc performance with less than 1300cc fuel consumption. So that is one way of getting the best of both.

I think you will be amazed at the actual economy you get vs the alternatives and the power. Its amazing what an advantage modern fuel saving technologies give you, and the Fiat unlike the others takes advantage of several (CVT, Electric Power Steering, Clever aerodynamics etc)

Best of luck with it all and sorry to harp on about the Fiat, its just, it really is so much better!

clark20, Aug 19, 7:43am
Talking about economy, the new Pruis at work is in the 3.7L /100km range, and with a tiny 37L tank will get nearly 1000km!

morrisman1, Aug 19, 7:52am
I thought they got 1600cc+ performance jazz, or do they not keep up with a toyota corolla anymore!

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 8:19am
Prius City!
Wow, that's some sort of record for one of those.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/prius%20c/2012

jmma, Aug 19, 8:30am
Thats MPG jazz
1 US Gallon = 3.778541 Litres
!00 km = 60 Mls

So above Pirus getting 60 MPG, not to far of your figures quoted.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 9:04am
Or you could just turn on l/100km on the left hand side.
Do that and it will make more sense.

Anyhow, they average about 25% more than that, 3.7 is about as good as you can humanly get out of one and almost no one achieves it.

morrisman1, Aug 19, 9:14am
Just like all your economy claims.

Interestingly that fuelly site is saying that petrol corollas and ford focus are getting same/better figures than petrol golfs

jmma, Aug 19, 9:20am
Ah, I see what you mean.
As you were (o:

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 9:23am
Only if you don't know how to read it.
Your constant childish hair splitting criticisms are getting tiring. You complain about John yet you are no better yourself.

If you actually drove some of these vehicles and had some understanding of the differences in technology like I do my economy claims might make more sense. However making stupid quips from the sidelines only highlights your ignorance. Unfortunatelythough it often confuses the thread posters who often are not car savy enough to understand you have no clue.

jmma, Aug 19, 9:25am
If you call 6.1 for Golfand 7.5 for corolla and Focus close, yeah spose you're right (o:

johnf_456, Aug 19, 9:28am
You are both as bad as each other, now go sit in the corner.

clark20, Aug 19, 9:33am
No the latest "normal" one, and I noticed that some got down to 3.5L so it is possible. He goes from out west to out east (53Km I think each way , early (6.30am) on the motorway)

trdbzr, Aug 19, 9:34am
It becomes a lot more interesting when you actually take the Diesel Golfs out of the picture

http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/corolla/gas%20l4 http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/golf/gas%20l4

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 9:37am
Wow, he is doing even better then because the regular one is a fraction more thirsty normally. Must be just the right conditions and the driver doing just the right thing. That or the average meter is off (Fuelly is based on actual tank fill data wheras fuel computers are known for being a bit off)

Not having a go BTW, just genuinely intrigued that they are doing so well. Here are the regular Prius figures for you. Click the l/100km on the left for it to make more sense.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/prius/2012

In fairness our NZ conditions are likely a bit different to what a lot of the posters on fuelly are doing. In particular our slower motorway speeds I think would help the economy figures a lot. I often do really well compared to fuelly figures when a reasonable amount of open road running is involved.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 9:43am
You actually need to do more than that.

As good as fuelly is it has a bit of a flaw, it dosn't separate engines and transmissions very well.

It works really well with the likes of the Prius where you have only one engine in a range, not so good when you have several different engines including performance options.

It will let you seperate engines based on the number of cylinders, but that dosn't help with the Golf much. The best you can do in that situation is work out your own averages from examples where you know which engine they have.

The figures as you put them mean nothing. (although I commend you for at least separating them down to 4 cylinder options)

morrisman1, Aug 19, 9:50am
and in what way does this benefit the corolla! You're trying to sidestep lol.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 9:55am
This deliberately playing dumb routine is also very tedious. Surely you have enough grasp of mathematics to understand the situation!

morrisman1, Aug 19, 10:29am
however way you put it, the range of petrol corollas still has better economy than the VW golf petrol range.