Recommended hatchback 1300cc

Page 5 / 5
thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 10:34am
Which of course is of no use to anyone, it just sounds good until you stop and think about it.

Interestingly though, people get sucked in with such nonsense, like the Honda Insight advertisement where it claimed its economy was X amount better than the average hatch.

When people think of an average hatch they tend to think of a mid range Corolla or some such, not the economy of every hatchback combination on the market added together and averaged out.

clark20, Aug 19, 11:37am
Well my brother is getting 5.0L/100km out of his Insight, that's better than the late 6 early 7 of the other petrol hatches

And only a 1/3 of what my V8 uses.but only an 1/8 of the fun

vista5, Aug 19, 11:46am
Just bought my wife a Toyota Ist 2005, with a 1300cc vvti motor auto this week, I am amazingly surprised with its performance, holds itself very well on the road,fast and talk about saving fuel.done 2 trips to Hamilton on $20 awesome little car.

wrong2, Aug 20, 6:10am
a short bonnet is meaningless when it comes to slow speed crash safety

& you will get splattered to death at 100 in a head-on in just about any supermini - safety rating regardless

& also - dont buy a1300 with an auto - they need the manuel box for overtaking

if you simply have to have an auto, get a car with a bigger engine

wrong2, Aug 20, 6:18am
go to a VW Golf forum

ask owners of the 2.0 TSI & GTI models what they are getting

none will confirm the claims ive seen made here

thejazzpianoma, Aug 20, 7:03am
They are economical, my issue is their advertisement was misleading. Technically speaking what they were saying was true, however what they said and what they implied were totally different if that makes any sense.

It was a very dirty method of advertising. While not directly related I was delighted to hear they are facing class action for some other claims they made about the cars fuel economy.

trdbzr, Aug 20, 7:12am
its funny how despite pumping 'eye watering' amounts into r&d, the vag engineers failed to foresee this potential problem

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/vw-audi-settle-class-action-suit-over-engine-sludge/