1989 toyota surf TURBO

ckd.bu.mopars, Aug 15, 7:45am
I brought a surf a week ago,240,000kms 2.4 diesel, my question is i have two lights on the rev counter ,green and orange,I know that the green is when the boost comes in tho sometimes it doesnt,whats the orange light for!It tends to come on whenever,,,What is it for and am i looking at a serious problem! Cheers

mrfxit, Aug 15, 11:13am
Orange is "overboost"
It's basically a warning that you areeither over revving with a load on or pushing the old girl a bit to hard on the loud peddle.
Time to slow down or change gear if you really need to be going that hard at it for a while.

No real worry, just don't have it on for longer then you really need to.

intrade, Aug 15, 4:53pm
i got a orange light on the dash and its got a engine next to itif its the one then xou got a fault code Open the bonnet and look if its a 2L-TE on the firewall of the manufacturer plate, if its 2L-t then it cant be a fault as the E is for electronic and only electronic have fault light otherwise it be something else like above. overboost could be someting not right with the turbocharger waste gate operation should be inspected to be on the save side then.

badz(or)madz, Aug 15, 11:08pm
my engine is a 2L-T.Some times red light stays on from idle and boost lightcomes on about 2,500rpm.

mrfxit, Aug 15, 11:50pm
Green & Red
Green = std boost
Orange = over boost

Shouldn't be any lights at idle or light throttle/ down hill-ish coasting

ckd.bu.mopars, Aug 16, 2:38am
thanx for that mrfxit.

trader_84, Aug 16, 2:59am
What colour is the engine oil pressure light on one of them! Or the alternator charge light!