Is there somewhere to complain about taxi service?

horgi, Aug 13, 7:17am
We had a very dangerous long trip in a taxi today. I'm wanting to make a complaint to an authority other than the taxi co. Is there an industry body!

berg, Aug 13, 7:26am
NZTA and ask to speak to their taxi enforcement people

smac, Aug 13, 7:35am
But they'll probably tell you to start with the taxi company. It's only fair they have first crack at sorting any issue.

grangies, Aug 13, 7:42am
What actually happened!

saxman99, Aug 13, 7:47am

horgi, Aug 13, 8:04am
Ok thanks - good info.I'll start with the taxi co and see how we go. Grangies, I'll take it up with the appropriate people, not here.

badz(or)madz, Aug 13, 8:05am
hey horgi thats sux, how isyou and ya lil girl doing i been prying and thinking of you very much

phillip.weston, Aug 13, 9:55am
A friend of mine witnessed some dodgy Taxi driver's antics, and the taxi company refused to do anything about it so he complained to the NZTA and they investigated. It took 6 months for an outcome to be reached but it seems the system worked.

Follow the story on facebook here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/302337543184898/

curlcrown, Aug 13, 10:49am
if you don't want to say here what happened, how do you expect anyone here to advise you!

horgi, Aug 13, 8:27pm
this was my hubby not me-haven't been anywhere in nearly 3 months but he had a fast and dangerous drive from Masterton to Palmerston North in a taxi yesterday -over 120 kms and often on the wrong side of the road apparently.

horgi, Aug 13, 8:32pm
oh and I think he did say and just wanted to know who to report to!

hopie, Aug 14, 1:46am
"got the munchies bro"

quickstitch, Aug 14, 3:47am
So that what happened to Helen Clarke's old driver, he got a taxi licience.

trogedon, Aug 14, 3:50am
One of the last times we went in a taxi.we were in a crash. It wasn't the taxi driver's fault but he was sure less than helpful and didn't want the Police involved (possibly he was a newer import than his car!).