89 320i bmw turns but wont start please help!

tarnz145, Aug 13, 10:27pm
hi my mothers car wont start she is 65yrs old the car drove fine went to start it the next day (1week ago) and it will not fire it turns ova but will not start i have checked and cleand the spark plugs they were a brownish colour i also checked the spark from the lead that runs from the coil to the dizzy and theres spark there im thinking it could be a petrol problem! filter pump or line etc any ideas on how to check these an easy way for my mother cannot afford a mechanics bill just to check what the problem is when it could be something small any ideas please would be very helpfull and greatfull cheers.

reneethan, Aug 13, 10:34pm
Spray some engine start in the intake. If it fires up and then dies, you most likely have a fuel supply issue. Also you can dissconnect the fuel line ( at the intake rail) and turn on the ignition to see if fuel is pumping. (use a container or jar, so you dont make a mess).

tarnz145, Aug 13, 10:47pm
thanks mate i think i tried spraying a little gas in the intake and nothing happend not sure if it was enough or not!

tarnz145, Aug 13, 10:49pm
i will try disconnecting the fuel line and see if the pump is working if not that must be the problem thanks reneethan

tarnz145, Aug 13, 11:31pm
any1 else plz txt if u can 0278451470

bex25388, Aug 14, 1:12am
Common E30 fault is the fuel pumps clog up or just plain die. They were the first BMw to use a non chain driven pump and they do fail especially considering its 20 plus years old now. So search e30 fule pump pn here and youll get a brand new one for $200, then google "how to replace e30 fuel pump" its actually pretty easy to do. One hours work for someone in the know and bout 3 for a first timer. Oddly enough i also had exactly the same fault yesterday in my E30.