Holden 308 trimatic block pattern

402rat, Aug 12, 3:49am
i have a th350 trans has multi pattern housing and was removed from a 304 efi had to remove the dowels to test fit the trans and bolt holes are slightly off to fit the tri 308 block pattern,any ideas on how to get around this problem or anyone wont to list a trans housing,th350 to suit trimatic pattern block,need asap as fathers day drags aint far away and ill be swapping the guts from a full reco th350 into the tri pattern trans,thanks

mram, Aug 12, 7:42am
When you say the TH has a multi fit pattern, what is the other pattern! BOP!(buick olds pontiac!), it's a bit of a mission redrilling most 308 blocks to turbo pattern, due to there not being much casting around where the turbo dowels have to be, later blocks are better in this area, you could just get hold of an adapter plate for now, but its not my favoured option

402rat, Aug 12, 7:55am
thanks so later block is the better option!unsure what other pattern is.

patiki1, Aug 12, 8:06am

patiki1, Aug 12, 8:12am
You will be very very lucky if you can find one.Guys in Aussie(maybe here too) are building Trimatic's to handle around 500hp.Whats your engine putting out!

402rat, Aug 12, 8:53am
nothing to hot,duralight pistons cam etc,,just sick of the manual linkage and had reco trans sitting round,very lucky to fing the trans or adapter!

patiki1, Aug 12, 9:03am
A trans with that bellhousing pattern.

402rat, Aug 12, 9:35am
oh i see,thanks mate

safteystv, Aug 13, 5:47am
402rat early block bolt pattern holden later blocks chev pattern . tis for my old girl early pattern manual box , looked into supra box to go on thats when i keeped getting asked what bolt pattern it is