Used seatbelts chch - good places?

bitsy_boffin, Sep 2, 6:51am
I need a WoF-able seat belt, but it's a bit unusual - high mounted horizontal reel mechanism for a start instead of the usual vertical, and it has a guide/bracket at midpoint.

I don't know what other vehicles it might have been fitted to - I could say it's for my Panther Kallista, but that's not much help.

Anybody know any good places in chch that have a decent selection of seat belts on the rack as it were to do a bit of by-eye (mix and) matching!

mdnzz, Sep 2, 7:00am
micheal fiddymont brougham st fits brand new certified after market seat belts.

mm12345, Sep 2, 7:27am
+1
OP - I suggest you take it there - he is a very decent guy to deal with, and will sort you out, with either new, or from what he could salvage from parts.

treachug, Sep 2, 8:23am
So in the unfortunate event of an accident, you are happy to place your life in the guy that did the webbing change on a bench in a wrecking yard rather than a new replacement belt!wow!
Not being nasty & fully understand the replacement cost is high etc, but I dunno.re-webbing or swapping webbing! scary stuff.
I also thought playing with seatbelts was illegal. Someone may correct me.

flockton55, Sep 2, 11:11am
Seatbelt Sales, 210 Antigua St.
www.seatbeltsales.co.nz/
I've bought a few from them, no problems at all.

thewomble1, Sep 2, 12:54pm
The old webbing had faded and would not pass WOF. Replaced with new webbing to the required WOF standard. Refitted to car and got the WOF.Buying new does not always guarantee the product.could be a cheap import.

morrisman1, Sep 2, 1:20pm
you place your life in the hands of a worn out machine in china making a seatbelt! Oh real!

As much as you may think otherwise, it would take a lot of force to break a seatbelt, more than the human body could survive itself, and looking at some of the mounting systems in cars, I think the belt itself would be stronger than the mount it is attached to!