CarJam.. Whats happened to this it used to be be great then limited the number of lookups you could do for free now it seems as

morrisman1, Sep 2, 1:34pm
Whats happened to this! It used to be be great, then limited the number of lookups you could do for free, now it seems as though you cant update anything for free. Is it just me or do you have to pay for all reports now!

They should load it up with advertising, Im happy to let adblock filter it out, it would at least allow some degree of free usage which was up to date. If its not up to date then its use becomes rather limited.

howie69, Sep 2, 8:02pm
There was a discussion group about this recently. Try the search box on the left you should be able to find and see the discussion. Cheers

wimwom, Sep 2, 8:11pm
Becomes "rather limited"don't you mean"totally useless!

kazbanz, Sep 2, 8:34pm
Im sorry I don't see the issue at all. If you want the info you pay for it.
I was amazed that it was ever for free.

wimwom, Sep 2, 8:59pm
I understand what you say kazbanz but with there being so many faults with the system being able to access basic imfo was very useful.The current system of buyers being lumped with previous owners RUC's is poor, being able to access licensing and warrant of fitness status was also worthwhile, especially for anyone buying on line.
Being able to site a vehicle and change its ownership is just silly.In many cases people used this service provided by carjam to access their own info, why should anyone pay for something that is already theirs! Should we bill these places for using our info!

gmphil, Sep 2, 9:10pm
Remember bout year or so ago started getting asked rego at places ,bnt/ repco then that stop am wondering were those places hit up for dosh! ,in refused to pay hence todays out come narda zip usless

wimwom, Sep 2, 9:18pm
Yes, i remember that but hadn't noticed it had stopped till you posted.Shame really, very handy it WAS .

morrisman1, Sep 3, 4:33am
I dont mind a nominal fee for basic information, but to have to buy the whole report is not something I'm going to do

casper35, Sep 3, 7:30am
i totally agree its a ripoff.