Or a Subaru

cglau, Sep 7, 5:55am
We also test drove a Subaru Legacy . Everyone I've talked to says Subarusalways get stolen! Does anyone know if this is actually true!

wheelmann, Sep 7, 6:30am
Depends on the year of manufacture. I believ post 2003 that their security was better so less of them stolen. Certainly didn't make a difference when insuring though. The insurance company wouldn't supply the stats to back that up as they say they don't keep statistics of year of manufacture. Even though they have this on record.

Legacys and Imprezas seem to always appear towards the top end of the list but this could be all of the older ones.

kevymtnz, Sep 7, 6:41am
id be more worried that it doesnt blow up 1st

shane191, Sep 7, 8:51am
i have a legacy with 250000ks, doesn't use any oil, nothing other than maintance done to motor. also got a wrx with 180000ks and still goes good too. maybe they might blow up one day but still had good run out of them.

johnf_456, Sep 7, 8:53am
Just ring around and do your homework for insurance

cglau, Sep 7, 8:57pm
Thanks. I started to tell a group of friends we'd looked at a Subaru, and was going on to say that everyone says they get stolen- and i was interrupted by Two people - keen to tell me, that Subarus get stolen!

oddbits, Sep 10, 6:55am
get a subaru then get an alarm , mobilser and a shot gun so when someone does try to steal it that will be the last time they try :)

marmar1, Sep 10, 7:31am
no one has stolen the 2 subaru's i have had in the last 12years both are turbo models too ,go figure!

fordcrzy, Sep 10, 7:50am
buy a subie and then buy GPS tracker. that way if someone breaks into your car it will text you and you can go and bash them. (just kidding about the last bit.sort of) theres a GPS alarm on here for $200 that you arm just like a normal alarm. go and search for them get the one with the remote

gunhand, Sep 10, 8:04am
I dont think subarus are top of the hit list anymore.I had couple of subarus, they never got stolen dam it. When I went to put full insurance on one I bloody near had a stroke at the stupid price they wanted. If Id known before I got it I would have got a Toyota or something that would have been better anyway. It was only a stock 2. something 98 wagon. I asked insurance company when the last Subaru was stolen here. oddly they coughed and said, well its cause of all the other ones stolen elsewhere.
God knows what the draw card is/was, there not that great a car.

wimwom, Sep 10, 8:27am
It was mainly the ones packed with goodies that were targeted, momo steering wheels, recaroseats teamed up witha set of flash wheels and audio made them a good target, times change!

awoftam, Sep 10, 8:38am
Many have frameless windows which make them easy to break in to.