LPG Question

garmisch1, Sep 10, 1:09pm
Hey does anyone know if a Ford Falcon with dedicated LPG would be the most econiomical way to commute comortably for 80 kilometers a day ! (40 each way). Or any other LPG tips would be well appreciated. Ta.

chris_051, Sep 10, 2:35pm
What sort of driving. Generally from my experience LPG is 3l/100km more than petrol in my old AU Falcon. This is highway km. you do the math, I believe LPG is only $1/l with rockgas card if so then it would be cheaper.
My old AU would return 7.6l/100km highway on 91 and 10.5 on LPG same route and driving style.

intrade, Sep 10, 8:10pm
na most economical is lpg injection. they usually pigiback on to the efi system of the petrol injectors.

garmisch1, Sep 10, 9:30pm
It would be from Pukerua Bay to the airport and back.

rkauto, Sep 11, 5:53am
Allow for it to use between 20 - 25 % more fuel than petrol.But as the lpg is half the cost you cant go wrong.But get a contact gas card ,price will be around $1.10 a litre. You can also stretch the service intervals out on gas as the engines burn cleaner.

don_logan, Sep 11, 10:18am
I take my dedicated BA falcon from Levin into the airport most days, just over 200km return trip. I dont hang around or try to drive for economy and its costing me around $25.00 return using a rockgas card.I think to do it cheaper with as much comfort and easy grunt, you would be spending a lot more money on something very new and hi-tech.

trader_84, Sep 11, 10:36am
So whats the math there! Is that 12.5 cents per km!

garmisch1, Sep 11, 1:00pm
I'm not really sure on the maths, but the above comment from Levin was understandable. I'm about halfway so thats $12.50 return

les6, Sep 11, 1:56pm
you can in fact tune lpg to outperform petrol in terms of engine power,forget about economy though,if you want to do it.

garmisch1, Sep 14, 8:43am
Cheers it's the economy I'm after. And comfort.

garmisch1, Sep 19, 12:51pm
So I'm looking at listing 513879123.Is there a question about the age of the tank or anything I should need to know! Would an AA test be sufficient!

trader_84, Sep 19, 6:57pm
Lol! True.

matarautrader, Sep 19, 7:14pm
I had a 4.0 V6 2005 Courier on LPG with the injected system. Never ever managed better than 17litres/100km and that was driving like a nana.

intrade, Sep 19, 8:43pm
the problem is efi system needs to be tuned there is some crap ones floating best one that springs to mind is prinz-vsi My diagnostic tool can tune prince vsi on cars they got seperate obd 2 conection.

rkauto, Sep 19, 10:49pm
If the car used 20% more lpg than petrol which is about normal for vapour injection that would mean somewhere around 13 litres/100 for petrol and thats aboutnormal for one of those.What you need to do is convert it back to cents per km. You will find quite a saving using lpg

garmisch1, Sep 20, 12:59pm
Cheers, yea, that was the one i meant, not the petrol one. I'll try and suss out an LPG guy in Auckland I guess. Good tip on the AA guy though.

chris_051, Sep 20, 1:22pm
LPG garage in Auckland there is a good one in East Tamaki on springs road I think who again have done a lot of work on Falcons.