Help with Japanese translation

woody244, Sep 11, 2:34am
Wife has just brought a Japanese import and we would like help to translate language on screen, eg how to change clock and how to turn off navigator just to name a couple. Any help much appreciated.

kazbanz, Sep 11, 3:23am
turn of nav--unplug the nav reset clock. Unplug battery at 11.59 and reconnect at 12pm.--easiest sollutions

kyliejoy, Sep 11, 8:12am
HI ME TOO woody244, I've brought a Subie Impreza 07 and has a fab unit/stereo in it but same its all in Japanse, I thought I might find an exchange student and give them $20 to translate it for me. Been to a couple of stereo/auto electricans and they not keen to touch my unit ! Good luck

supernova2, Sep 11, 8:30am
Student the way to go.Had a chink alrm sytem and friend 's student sorted the book over dinner.Not every word but enough to make sense of it.

oliver6, Sep 11, 9:31am
Chink ! Do you mean Chinese !

nichen, Sep 11, 10:03am
Chinese and Japanese have the same writing

outbidyou2, Sep 11, 10:40am
Obviously

trader_84, Sep 11, 10:46am
You understood what he meant . whats your point!

woody244, Sep 12, 5:32am
Hi kyliejoy, I rang the local international college here in palmy north and they were more than happy to help, just have to roll up to reception. Maybe you may be able to do the same.

timmo1, Sep 12, 5:35am
Not really. Kanji is similar (based on same characters). Katakana and Hirigana are unique to Japan as far as I'm aware.

kyliejoy, Sep 15, 10:09am
jpnz.co.nz - great site you can purchase a translated owners manual. Thanks woody244!

carstauranga001, Sep 15, 9:49pm
Chinese and Japanese are totally different langauges. I know this as I was once at diner in Shanghai with my Japanese agent and he took with him a Japenese lady who spoke/read Chinese to translate at meetings he had with the Chinese. Hard case at dinner as we had about eight of us and three langauges.
We had - Jap lady spoke Japaneses and Chinese.
- Jap man spoke Japanese and English
- Kiwis with just English

Much translation going on. She read menu and translated to Jap and then he told us what it was in English.