Hilux Lift. Calling all recreational 4x4 drivers out there i have a 28d hilux double cab and i am wanting to do a 3inch suspensi

josephbudd, Sep 11, 8:11am
Calling all Recreational 4x4 drivers out there, I have a 2.8D Hilux Double Cab and I am wanting to do a 3inch suspension lift. I am after a setup that is a good mix of on road and recreational off roading. I am in CHCH and after brands of shocks and suppliers etc.
Thanks

pico42, Sep 11, 8:27am
Take a look on the offroad express website.

mugenb20b, Sep 11, 8:58am
IFS or beam axle front end!

mugenb20b, Sep 11, 9:45am
That red ute looks nicely set up, I like it. They are worth a fortune too.even if they have done 450k.

trader_84, Sep 11, 9:56am
Cheers. There has always been solid axle trucks in the whanau. They go up a dollar a day, haha! Picked up another one a few months ago and have stuck it away in one of the sheds. You just gotta speak to them nicely (like you do to your 4 legged mates) and they go hard for ya :))

incar., Sep 11, 10:02am
i intended to raise mine but ended up turbo charging it and im glad i didnt lift it! drove a mates raised ute on a 6 hour trip stuff that, 2.8 turbo goes almost as good as 1kz-te, added a rebuilt lsd, raised break away limit, goes amost anywhere i hunt but if your serious Autolign up here in Auckland do a full kit including steering shaft extention etc

mrfxit, Sep 11, 10:03am
Pre 1989 Surfs/ hilux's are the best for lifting as they already sit up a bit from factory.
1989 & after run mostly coil springs & sit lower.
It's at about that stage that they started loosing the "Real 4x4 mode" & creeping towards the "soft roader" vehicles

mugenb20b, Sep 11, 10:52am
I had the next model up, LN130 chassis, it sat high enough, but I wanted to raise the bum, so added aftermarket H/D springs which gave it another 30mm.

trader_84, Sep 11, 11:08am
Whengot that red truk . it came with the springs, cheap used up shocks and big muds. I put new more road friendly tires on it because it was going to be my main mode of transport and also fitted new shocks at a total cost of a tad under $950 (owch!) Best move I ever made on it though . it took a heap of the twitchiness and jarring from out of the ride with the item making the biggest impact being the steering damper. I got Nitrocharger N93/N85's to dampen the ride and an Oldman Emu Steering Damper (OMESD21) for the steering. I don't live this stuff lol! .just had my Hilux folder handy so looked.