Can you get to the Northshore from West on a 50cc?

glyn4, Sep 23, 11:58pm
I'm pretty sure that the only way to do this legally is to take a huge detour via Dairy flat, if coming from West Auckland! I think that new 16 motorway is off limits to 50cc scooters! I know that the one is off limits to them. Can any one confirm that. Thanks.

patiki1, Sep 24, 12:18am
What about putting the scooter on the back of a ute!

intrade, Sep 24, 12:23am
dont know the rule in for motorways in europe is 60kph minimum speed of vehicle . so if you got a scooter that can do 100kph your probably wont be noticed then . kreidler florret used to bea 50cc that went past 100kph

kazbanz, Sep 24, 1:38am
glyn-you have two options.One is to take surface roads into town then take the very last onramp onto the harbour bridge. then its an 80k zone. Take the very first offramp and bingo.
Otherwise you can take upper harbour highway and again take the very last onramp to the new motorway. Up over the bridge then take the first offramp and carry on in a 50km/h zone. Not that Id encourage it but theres also a cycleway I believe from the old airbase up and over the bridge

danchop, Sep 24, 4:51am
you can go on the greenhothe one for about 1 km and its all downhill,but your not sposed to

zirconium, Sep 24, 5:00am
What about the Coatsville-Riverhead road! That ends up on the old Albany highway, somewhere near the top of the Albany hill. :)

bevharris1938, Sep 24, 5:04am
^^ this ^^

wellystretch, Sep 24, 5:14am
I did it for six months, hobsonville rd, go across the cycleway across greenhithe bridge and then back onto the road on the other side, plenty of cops saw me too, way too risky to cross on the motorway. You'll be fine mate.

studio1, Sep 24, 10:31am
Your what!

trogedon, Sep 24, 7:38pm
Something about the person you're married to!!

scoobeey, Sep 24, 9:40pm
how long do you want to live for!

glyn4, Sep 25, 9:29am
Thanks everyone. Lots of options there. I'm not sure if it's the 50cc which is the limit (I think so), or the minimum speed of 60K!