Female tyre question

Page 1 / 6
kaylin, Sep 15, 4:49am
How can I tell what size tyre and rim I have!I have to replace the tyre from the horsefloat because it is flat and the rim is rusty and the tyre shop said i need a new one.

I didn't pick up the tyre, daughter did so i didn't ask what it was.But I need to buy another one and was going to off TM - but i need to know what to look for before I bid.

bellky, Sep 15, 4:51am
Should be on the tyre, something in numbers like:

xxx/xx/xx

kaylin, Sep 15, 4:54am
165 R13 82SIs what is written on the tyre, and it has 4 holes for nuts in the middle bit.

Thank you for your help.

Do I search 165 in the tyre section!And where is the best place to buy a second hand tyre!A wreckers or somewhere else!

outbidyou2, Sep 15, 4:55am
Gold

NZTools, Sep 15, 4:55am
look at the tyre on the other side of your horse float.

ema1, Sep 15, 4:55am
Blimey .The mind boggles, with out a magic wand, the only way to know what tyre size you require is to go read the tyre size on the tyre itself I'm afraid, or even the other "good" tyre left on the horse float.

kaylin, Sep 15, 4:57am
Gee.Thanks for the comment.It must be truly amazing being someone as clever as you. i hope you don't need any advice on something non car like, because someone may be just as helpful to you.Have a great day.

nzeva, Sep 15, 4:58am
That's a 13".165 wide.82 (80) profile tyre, a common size all tyre shops have them.
Just ask for a 165/80-13 tyre.

kaylin, Sep 15, 4:58am
Can I add that i have never read numbers or letters on tyres before, there just hasnt been a need.So smart arsed comments about it written on tyres - I didn't know there was writing.

Pleased I could offer some humour.

bellky, Sep 15, 4:59am
Okay so that's the tyre. if you need a new rim, you need a 13" one and if it's got 4 holes the PCD will be 4x100, 4x110, or 4x114.3 - you need to measure the distance between the holes diagonally to find out.

Might pay just to take it to the wreckers and they'll sort it for you.

kaylin, Sep 15, 5:00am
Thank you nzeva.Makes total sense now.

Carry on laughing the rest of you.

And thanks Bellky.Appreciate that too.

ema1, Sep 15, 5:01am
Select & click on the Cars,Bikes, Boats section on the home page of TradeMe then select PartsFor Sale and enter the tyre size you want to see if any of them are listed . eg 165R13 or whatever the tyre size is.

bellky, Sep 15, 5:01am
Noones laughing, wasn't even funny :)

ema1, Sep 15, 5:05am
I've just looked up that tyre size for you and there are lots of the listed .take your pick but I suggest being a horse float that it's going onto make sure it's either a new one or near new good condition one or you'll be going through the same process again.

kaylin, Sep 15, 5:06am
I assume I measure from the centre of each nut hole to the one opposite!That looks like the 114 measurement.

At least I didn't say - i need new tyres for my thoroughbred horse float and assume that they are all the same!

Yeah, I'm blonde.I admit it. But at least I'm learning.

bellky, Sep 15, 5:08am
Sounds like it^.

All learning is good.

Have a nice night :)

tigra, Sep 15, 5:13am
True! And some would. But its a bit suprising you have never noticed that a tyre has numbers on the sidewall. Guess you dont pump the tyres up. Must remember that for the next all-girls pub quiz night I run.

texastwo, Sep 15, 5:17am
One feels constrained to ask how come the BH didnt come to your aid!

kaylin, Sep 15, 5:17am
PMSL - I can change a tyre faster than many blokes.But I have AA membership for a reason. lol
But yes, i admit it.I do oil and water at the petrol station, and i wash the car.But I don't check tyres.And no, I would have no bloody idea what psi tyres are supposed to be! Yup - good pub night question.

kaylin, Sep 15, 5:20am
lol.I do the float towing. So don't ask him for float help. And therefore tyre help.

saki, Sep 15, 5:26am
Lady Godiva maybe !

texastwo, Sep 15, 5:28am
Change a tyre! Bet you cant. Change a wheel maybe.

kaylin, Sep 15, 5:37am
Yeah. OK.you win.wheel, not tyre.

richynuts, Sep 15, 5:37am
Not checking tyre pressures on your car and horsefloat is possibly why you are up for an new tyre now! ALWAYS check you tyre pressures especially before a long trip or horse float has been sitting for a while. Also why do you need to replace rim as well!

kaylin, Sep 15, 5:37am
I don't ride naked anymore.Far too old for that now. PMSL