Help please! Maxima/Teana j31 2003

96jeep4life, Sep 21, 11:46pm
I have been having trouble with the air con/stereo unit freezing up at random while driving, so you cant change any settings like the stereo and fan, the screen looks all normal and doesnt say anything out of the ordinary, but whats really got me is when your driving along with nothing on, then suddenly the air conditiong turns on at full blast by itself and cant turn it off until it all unlocks again, anyone know any really good auto elecs in auckland! Or anyone had this problem! We have a full mechanical warranty on car so will cover this thanks!

96jeep4life, Sep 21, 11:49pm
I should have also noted we have been to two different a/e's and they couldnt really figure it out, so if anyone knows a really good a/e would be really thankful

a.woodrow, Sep 22, 4:48am
If you have a warranty, take it to the nissan dealer

96jeep4life, Sep 22, 7:46am
Well that was my first plan of action but nissan nz are quite unhelpful as its a import model, they told me they dont know anything about it

trdbzr, Sep 22, 8:24am
It should have the same A/C unit that the Maxima had. The climate control module in them does tend to play up sometimes. Most Nissan NZ dealers are a bunch of idiots who can be a real pain to deal with.

96jeep4life, Sep 22, 8:42am
Your right on the money i think! Ive heard that its something to do with modules, im just wondering whether to take it to nissan, they seemed almost as though theyd rather not bother to do it

trdbzr, Sep 22, 8:48am
which dealership did you deal with!

96jeep4life, Sep 22, 9:15am
Schofields new market

trdbzr, Sep 22, 9:59am
Try talking to Ebbett Nissan in Pukekohe. If not, talk to Automasters or PK auto electrical.

96jeep4life, Sep 22, 10:19am
Thanks a bunch will do!