Dammm Left my lights on this morning

granada, Sep 18, 1:06pm
First day at a new job and I left my lights on and flattened my battery.Four auto sparkies present and none of us had a set of jumper leads in the boot. Finally borrowed some from a factory down the road.Talk about egg on my face.

marmar1, Sep 18, 5:42pm
buy a subaru take out keys ,lights are off.

jason18, Sep 18, 7:37pm
Now if I never had a reason to buy subaru before I do now.

gman35, Sep 18, 8:14pm
Yes , very annoying , many modern (most I should think) have a warning buzzer to let you know lights are still on , but why don't more have an auto cut-out for the INTERIOR light after , say , 10 min if someone does not shut a door properly !

intrade, Sep 18, 8:15pm
fiat do that also like my 91 tipo

fiatracer, Sep 18, 8:31pm
Or pretty much most Euro cars, since, like, forever

phillip.weston, Sep 18, 8:38pm
My 96 Golf didn't do that :P My '88 Cressida does though, they even stay on after turning off the ignition until you open the drivers door.

sifty, Sep 18, 8:38pm
My 71 ford does that, after a few hours.

granada, Sep 18, 9:26pm
94 Falcon.I never take the car to work. Its usually reserved for the wife . I usually take the bike rain or shine but I had a bootload of tools. I think I would prefer my old coon over a late model Subaru with buzzers etc

fiatracer, Sep 18, 9:28pm
can't remember which of my cars turned lights off with ignition, but I recall some. Fiat. Fiat. Fiat. Fiat. Fiat. Fiat. Fiat. Fiat. Fiat. Alfa Romeo. and a bunch of other stuff

00quattro00, Sep 18, 10:33pm
99% of euro cars lights will go to park when the ign is turned off, my old audi has a buzzer when you leave the lights on and take the key out and open the door

sifty, Sep 18, 11:23pm
Is that because they are predominately driven by sheilas.!

elect70, Sep 19, 3:20am
If auto, ALWAYS carry jumper leads .surprising how often get used, mainly for others who have left hi drain things on in the carwithmotor offor left in car parkfor several hours with lights on . Modern cars neednear fully charged battery or wont fire .

mrsdoobercoons, Sep 19, 6:34am
A solution to this,

http://www.anythingelectronic.co.nz/index.php!main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=229&zenid=4603qdmhfkhq91uan3vqb79ep2

They're about $30 and makes the Falcon squark at you like a good Euro.It's also not too hard to do with any buzzer.

sifty, Sep 19, 7:20am
Or you could just turn your lights off, like a man.

johnf_456, Sep 19, 7:28am
Remember to turn them off is the easiest method, just like how you remember to take the key with you!

fryan1962, Sep 19, 8:34am
It is good practice for the brain to remember,I carry leads for those who cant remember

1joe, Sep 19, 8:56am
Or if your car has a man sized battery and you can leave them on for hours and it still starts