Catalatic gas heater for motor home

seaforth, Sep 14, 10:56am
Anyone know how to work a catalatic gas heater for a motor home, in particular how to start. While ours has some instructions the on and off markings are no longer able to be seen. Advice on how effective these heaters are would be great and any help would be greatfully appreciated

intrade, Sep 14, 11:02am
same as houshold ones i got one in my merc campermake sure to let a window partial open so you dont suffacate. my one has a single knob push in and turn and light with candle lighter thingy then hold button 20 secound till its fully on and then adjust to needs

seaforth, Sep 14, 11:05am
Thanks for that, our one seems to have an automatic striker, but we do not know where the on or off position is as the markings are worn out. We tried unsuccessfully to google

intrade, Sep 14, 11:07am
you hear the gas flow when its on when you push the button to light. Dont know what yours looks like my one has a savety leaver to shut the gas off right befor it enters the heater as the cooker runs on same line.

matarautrader, Sep 14, 10:00pm
I have found that in our caravan that when we use it after winter or for the first time for a month then we have to purge the gas out. It seems to lose its effectiveness or something. I usually get the hotplates burning then the fridge, then hot water then heater, sort of working from the device closest to the gas bottle out.