Hilux running costs, these are mine .

trader_84, Sep 14, 1:19am
If ya interested . these r gud figgers, lol! This pertains to a 1993' 2.8 Double Cab 4x4 Hilux. He has no engine mods or anything but has got super dirty unchanged oil and 32" tires on 8 inch rims. This porker pushes a bit more air than some others because its lifted up some. The following figures are for normal usage (ie) not towing and a mixture of town and open road driving - but with more emphasis towards open road travel than in town. I get the following; 9.2km's per L of diesoline. This equates to 10.9 L's per 100km. I pay $1.59 per L of fuel and $0.05 per km for RUC. In fuel and RUC alone, it costs me $0.22 per km driven. Furthermore . (yippers - there is more) it costs me $92.00 and $417.61 per every 12 months for WOF and registration respectively. When this is factored into my pigs equation, it costs me $1.40 per day of (I don??

phillip.weston, Sep 14, 2:17am
costs me over $3/day just to have my car registered here in Australia. Would pay the value of the car alone in registration fees each year!

intrade, Sep 14, 2:25am
you moved to australia now!

thunderbolt, Sep 14, 2:30am
Nice parking!

thejazzpianoma, Sep 14, 3:12am
Just sold my Citroen after about 9 months of ownership. Only cost that I can think of was fuel (at something like 6.5l/100km overall incl a bit of towing) and a few hours of my time to do the brakes and groom it for sale.

The little bit of extra I made on it when I sold it near enough covered the cost of the disks and pads I put on the front, some new coolant, insurance and a WOF.

It had 12 months rego and fresh oil in it when I bought it, obviously no depreciation.

Can't think of anything else I did to it off hand, but am having a slow brain day so its possible, but would only be minor.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 14, 3:16am
The Multipla will go up for sale soon. It will be interesting to see what depreciation I have worn on that, I bought it in a hurry and paid plenty so am expecting quite a few hundred per year.

Possibly the most depreciation I have ever paid on a vehicle. But then I have done 130'000km or so in it, if it was in the same condition and km's as when I bought it depreciation would have been very minimal indeed.

evotime, Sep 14, 3:20am
I agree you'd have to pay me to drive one too.

phillip.weston, Sep 14, 3:31am
Have been here for over a year!

thejazzpianoma, Sep 14, 3:48am
Cheers!
Its people like you that make insanely cheap motoring available to people like me. Keep up the good work!

scoobeey, Sep 14, 3:51am
Me too! reminds me of vomit that you just want too escape from:)

mrfxit, Sep 14, 7:37am
Mate nearly suffered from that trick 1 day
Remember the carnival rolling & spinning drum ride (can't remember the name) with 2 seats.
Him & his soon to be not so good mate were a "bit" under the weather when they hopped on & AWAYYYY it went.
Well . after a few turns, it got to the spot where "the mate" was just spinning up to the top of the roll when he let loose with an almighty yoddle of lunch etc.AND that was the point that the drum rolled over again so that the "mate" ended up on the bottom . He he he he ha ha haEEeeeewwwww

trader_84, Sep 14, 8:24am
G'day Zep mate! Last time you tried to pull a stunt like this - I asked you to show me your manuka creases, your pig blood and the scrape marks from the dog boxes. You obviously did .-
not. But asked for concession for a bit of your own red stuff spilled on the RR door when you helped a lady with her mini once. Things have evidently not changed too much for both of us, lol! My little porker has missed services and got a few more wear marks and yours ??

craig04, Sep 14, 8:25am
Mind you Jazz, those tow trucks aren't cheap eh!