AU Falcon LPG problem

terry77.ta, Sep 13, 5:59am
Hi,starts wont stay running. go`s well on petrol but when i change over it dies.any clues! Cheers

unbeatabull, Sep 13, 6:04am
Factory or aftermarket LPG system!

thunderbolt, Sep 13, 6:11am
Factory were dedicated, so must be aftermarket

terry77.ta, Sep 13, 6:16am
Yeh,aftermarket. ill check wot system it is ,also its accually a Fairlane, Ex Govt. just tryed switching over again & it ran for a couple of revs then just dies again, no idle, will start on LPG but wont stay running.

unbeatabull, Sep 13, 6:29am
I've only really got experience with the factory units, but I would say you're either struggling with pressure or supply from the LPG System, or there is something faulty with your LPG Regulator (Solenoid, waxxed up internals etc)

intrade, Sep 13, 6:31am
is the evaporator getting the coolant ok = has the thing got propper antifreeze in the cooling system and changed every 24 month!

terry77.ta, Sep 13, 6:42am
Not sure wot or where the evaporator is! yes has good clean antifreeze, only serviced less than 2 weeks ago,oil change,fluids & trans flushed & renewed. any1 no sum1 in Taranaki who services LPG! apart from G Woods!

purple666, Sep 13, 6:50am
That sounds about right, have had a few lpg cars and thats what happens with air lock or whatever stopping fluid,unit freezes real fast with no fluid flow.

intrade, Sep 13, 6:53am
the evaporator is the big round thing under the bonnet , if you look there will be a coolant hose going to that and back to the engine. check if these hoses are warm in and out . because if the evaporator wont be warmed up the gas freezes up real fast and thats the end of you driving on gas right there .

terry77.ta, Sep 13, 7:23am
ok, checked hoses both warm, will try taking them off & see if fluids run out ok. Thanx

ceebee2, Sep 13, 11:00pm
Check for power at the relays on that regulator as there are two, simply use a test lamp, one will prime as it is cranking (It is located on the regulator) and the other is in the gas fuel line just prior to the regulator. This one should be live/ open with key on.

ceebee2, Sep 13, 11:01pm
PS = Ensure the tank tap in the boot is open.