Holden Keys

eztrad3r1, Sep 13, 7:42am
Try these guys, it's a lot cheaper and a breeze to put in.
www.keybuttons.com.au

a.woodrow, Sep 13, 7:53am
That auction is a bit of a joke, $600 to replace!! We used to charge less than $150 cut and coded, and that way you'll have a spare key, you also would have to break your key open and hope you don't damage the unit while doing so

trader_84, Sep 13, 7:59am
My 5 cents worth . you need to have steady hands and keen eyesight. I changed the battery in mine . gawd! In no particular order . You need to use a fine blade screwdriver to prize the two parts apart. You will bleed. You will bleed when you stab yourself with the bastardo fine bladed screwdriver when it slips out of the groove.
When it comes apart, you will notice an ???O??

treachug, Sep 13, 7:59am
Like written in posts above its very very hard to open the remote head. These are factory sealed & do not clip together. I aksed the question on the auction & got told only a couple are glued the rest are just clipped together.ummm wrong!

a.woodrow, Sep 13, 8:03am
Yep only the very first of them were serviceable. vp maybe! all the rest.good luck. But honestly, to just buy a new remote head, swap the key over and program wouldn't be much dearer than that auction

treachug, Sep 13, 8:06am
If you are up in Chch anytime soon call into work & I can fit new buttons for you - takes about 5 mins. We sell them on here & are based in Sydenham - find the listing, buy a set & call in.

treachug, Sep 13, 8:11am
Early VR's were replaceable battery type - soon got superseded to the sealed type.
I found these remote shell/key blades on the net (china) about 2 years ago - thought about them as I could buy for around US $3.00 each but wisely decided against it.

trader_84, Sep 13, 8:14am
Yeah, I got the feeling it was 'sealed' and was not designed to be opened. It didn't pop open too easily. They open though, hehe! The one I opened belonged to a 99' VT.

75ta, Sep 13, 8:21am
Cheers all thanks for the responses. Looks like I might just try some replacement short term and then get some new keys coded.