Engine Shipping question

ginga4lyfe, Oct 17, 7:17am
Since its after hours & I thought someone here may know just off hand, would anyone know what the cost for shipping for a Nissan GA15DE engine would cost from Ashburton to Auckland!, im thinking since its a engine with loom and ECU going for cheap, it may be worth going outside of auckland for the engine

dave653, Oct 17, 7:49pm
I sent a 186 on a pallet from Whangarei to Blenhiem a coulpa years ago, used Mainfrieght, was 136kg, $172.

mm12345, Oct 17, 8:15pm
I bought one of those engines, clean and fairly low but unknown km, compression checked, for $300 & GST. I doubt if it's worth shipping one from Ashburton to Akl.They are a common engine in pulsar/sentra/lucino imports, should still be very easy to get hold of used in Akl.The place I bought mine was mainly a GM used parts warehouse, but they had at least 6 GA15 DE sitting on the floor, so nice to be able to check them over and take my pick.
If you're doing a swap in an auto, there's room to lift the motor out and leave the trans in place - but you'll need to remove driver's side axle.

mm12345, Oct 18, 6:52am
Hopefully the OP gets this message.
If you're thinking about settling on down, then don't start a search to git yerself a wife at the retirement home next to the town whorehouse.
These motors are generally reliable, but at about 300,000km, it's not worth the cost to ship it 1000km, then the effort to fit it, even if it was free.

ginga4lyfe, Jan 2, 7:52am
All good points, thanks, Though I wouldnt buy one from Mangare pikapart becasue every fool and his left hand has had a go at rounding something off the engine, why i was interested in that particular engine is that it was the engine +loom +starter+ecu+Alternator+Powers-
teering pump , but yeah i may just give dodsons a call and see what they have< Oh and for MM12345's interest, its to Repower a 1986 Nissan Sunny with 5spd transmission, as far as i understand the transmission bolts up to the GA14+GA15 but not the GA16 !, I just think that maybe if the carb and Dizzy that Jason is sending me doesnt work out, then atleased i can make a plan on a repower on a later "bolt in" package ( though i dunno if ill need a cert for the carb to injected setup, ill have to google it )