Which wagon .

Page 3 / 3
sarahb5, Oct 3, 3:22am
Well since I have no idea what a coon is I'll have to decline your suggestion .I know what size car we want/need and the bigger wagons are too big now that kids are older - need the space in the back seat rather than the boot as we travel reasonably light.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 3, 3:40am
All valid points.
However finding 50-100 times is more difficult and ultimately its just intended as a rough guide as to what's worth investigating further.

At the end of the day, you can't beat a test drive.

smac, Oct 3, 3:41am
coon = Falcon

Just be careful categorizing cars as 'full 'size' or mid-size etc.Current Mondeo is wider and taller than a Falcon, and only a tad shorter. Interior room about the same. Camry, Accord, 6, all very similar. All these 'mid-size' cars have been piling on the beef over the years, whereas the traditional big cars are about the same.

Also, rear seat room seems to have little to do with external dimensions. Don't judge any of them until you (or the teenagers) have sat in the back.

whqqsh, Oct 3, 3:42am
sorry, Falcon

thejazzpianoma, Oct 3, 3:42am
O.K, the best cure for that is to get him to drive a 2.0 Turbo VW product, anything with that engine that is handy to you should do. Just for the purposes of getting his head around the redundancy of CC ratings, so don't worry if the car is otherwise not suitable.

That should get him in the picture pretty quick, its not just a high revving kind of power either it has grunt from low down.

He should drive the 2.0 Diesel too, its probably going to be even harder to get him in to that but you really need to drive one to understand.

smac, Oct 3, 3:42am
Ya I meant via test drive, don't think anyone lists 50-100. Some reviews do 80-120 or something like that, but they all end up so close it's difficult to know what it means.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 3, 3:50am
No, I didn't get your email sorry.
My number is probably on your phone if you want to give me a buzz.

Otherwise flick it through again and I will have another look, remember to add the "N".

rovercitroen, Oct 3, 5:03am
Mate has a 2007 Passat sedan 2.0 turbo. Lovely car to drive and it is very fuel efficient too. Only problem he has had was the aircon compressor died. VW NZ came to the party for a big chunk of the bill despite the car being well out of warranty.

nzdoug, Oct 3, 6:12am
We had a 2005 Passat tdi and it never screwed up.
We put big miles, hiway 1200 klics on 60 litres of diesel.
Sold it for Glass Passat CC ,Im in love.

sarahb5, Oct 11, 2:02am
Thanks for all your advice everyone - we have just bought a Volvo - hope to pick it up at the weekend

july62, Oct 11, 2:30am
Updated my Passat to my Hyundai which I am only now selling as I have been given a company vehicle.Love my Hyundai better than the Passat.

timmo1, Oct 11, 6:56pm
What.this is not possible, quick Jazz give this person a stern telling off!