Toyota 2Y 1.8 Litre Petrol Engine Are These Good?

ema1, Sep 29, 1:07pm
Just inquiring as I'm looking at a Toyota LiteAce light truck as a handy hack and this model Toyota 2Y engine I've absolutely had no experience with ever! Which are they, (without looking up Google ,) OHV , OHC type!

snoopy221, Sep 29, 7:33pm
Good as the old 4k (which ya'd know)
Basiacly a 4 K with hydraulic lifters.
Soooooo don't fit a set of sparklers and leave the plug tubes out and filler up with 710 -lol
Oh and OHV.

franc123, Sep 29, 7:37pm
They're OHV, very similar to the Toyota K series, although IIRC they have hydraulic lifters. A pretty basic and tough little engine thats easy to fix that lasted a long time given it had to work pretty hard in most of the applications it was used in. The Y series could also be had in 1600,2000 and 2200cc capacities. Some had factory electronic ignition and import Surfs and Townace vans were injected.

mugenb20b, Sep 29, 8:05pm
As above, a very robust unit, a 2Y is a 1.8 litre. Not very powerful, a little bit on the thirsty side, and has good torque for what it is.

Look after the cooling system, you don't want any rusty water in the there.

intrade, Sep 29, 9:32pm
if its the one i think off my mate from australia used to have one of these . geesus crist it used 20$ fuel to climb a wee hill and do 60k round trip.