Waterpump gasket question.

raine06, Oct 16, 11:24pm
Hi I am asking on behalf, is it a big job to replace the water pump gasket on a 95 Toyota Lucida!

dent, Oct 16, 11:39pm
what year and engine! its more likely to be a leaking water pump that the gasket.

intrade, Oct 17, 1:01am
what version of the enema are we talking petrol diesel and if petrol what engine. and what is the milage and reason for wanting to change the waterpump!

raine06, Oct 17, 1:41am
Argh ummmm, 1995, petrol engine, 2.4 litre.

All I know is there is a leak coming from the waterpump in the area where the oil filter is, they cannot see up properly.

intrade, Oct 17, 3:52am
i dont know the engine but they got a habbit of cracking heads and causing airlocks when they got a leak anywhere in that spaghetty cooling system, i would not drive it till you know the cost of repair, and you can only hope it has not already cracked the head as the diesel would have for sure.

mugenb20b, Oct 17, 4:43am
Who exactly are "they"!

sr2, Oct 17, 4:47am
"They know who they are". (Sorry I just had to say it).

raine06, Oct 17, 5:31pm
Sorry the car owner and a friend of his.

I will try get the engine number later on, thank you for the replies

msigg, Oct 17, 6:02pm
The leak is probably coming out of the little hole under the pump, meaning the seals have gone and you need another water pump.

carlz05, Oct 17, 6:33pm
Its likely the water pump, so replace the water pump and the gasket

splinter67, Oct 17, 6:36pm
so any of you guys actually going to answer the question sorry op never done one

intrade, Oct 17, 6:48pm
i am waiting on the engine number to see where the waterpump actuarly is, i think some have waterpump up front with alternator on a pto like driveshaft, and these enemas are usually better scrapped then fixed but untill we know the engine number of engine fitted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

splinter67, Oct 17, 6:54pm
Fair enough but when people come on here to ask a question why cant we just answer it without trying to confuse them If they are asking on here they dont know so keep your (not just you intrade) answers simple then the uncar people might understand you

intrade, Oct 17, 6:57pm
it be hard to talk plain when the discription is vague for example i dont even think it is the waterpump but untill we have a engine code we dont know and cant look where the waterpump is actuarly fitted . Telling wrong things with to little information is not going to help.