I though cash was legal tender?

Page 2 / 2
mrfxit, Oct 15, 7:48pm
Not silly when it was created.
it was done to stop ppl being smartarses paying with 1 cent pieces

smac, Oct 15, 8:13pm
Get a breakdown of beneficiary numbers by race/nationality, then get back to us.

smac, Oct 15, 8:15pm

purple666, Oct 15, 10:07pm
I have a load of books to drop off in Tirau this afternoon and this takes me right past that servo, I will stop and gas up and pay cash,here's hoping they argue.

intrade, Oct 15, 10:14pm
make a video on your cellphone so we can also see it on youtube after

purple666, Oct 15, 10:16pm
Alas I only have an old cellphone and dial-up internet so no luck there.

purple666, Oct 15, 11:42pm
"Well paint me black and steal my land".

The OP is right about that servo, you can't even operate the pumps until you insert a card into this little box thing on a pedestal by the door. Got the mechanic out from under a car in the adjoining workshop but still no joy.
Quote "that's the way it is but it is available 24/7". He then scuttled back to work, I folded the $100 note I had got out from the emergency pocket in my wallet, replaced it and buggered off home. They sell pie's etc there so it's not like they don't have a till, or maybe you have to pay by plastic for them as well.

smac, Oct 15, 11:46pm
SO you can't fill up THEN find out it's card only = no problem. No different than the PacknSave ones before they had cash machines installed.

elect70, Oct 16, 2:51am
Hawas in the Whouse this morning &woman in front had preserving jar full of coin&counter sheila was havingprolem trying to countit all out , looked to be about$50worth,got another shelia to help . .

proracer, Oct 16, 7:56am
i know another story with that 24/7 pump at Hinuera Service Centre. I guy filled his Car up and it took close to $9500 out of his bank account putting account into OD.

purple666, Oct 16, 7:59am
Thats how it was today, mind you the pedestal thingie looked pretty shiney and new.

noppie456, Oct 17, 8:06am
if you want a cashless society you would make it illegal to pay cash.it's also about money of exchange v money of account and maybe even income tax sinds there's a difference in the form of the "income".

splinter67, Oct 17, 8:14am
Cant blame them how long before some clown wants to make a withdrawal with a shotgun safety first it a bit of a distance from the nearest copa