Is it worth shipping an eh holden to oz?

richyrich, Oct 16, 12:17am
got a 1964 eh holden premiere,rego has been on hold for 2 years but would like to ship to oz for a rebulid.Parts and stuff is much cheaper there.Is it worth the hassle and expense.The holden has sentimental value and is drivable.Sydney is where we are looking at shipping it to.cheers

sifty, Oct 16, 12:33am
Wait, you are intending to ship a car to Australia for a rebuild and return it here.!

Or are you moving and want to take it with you!

richyrich, Oct 16, 2:17am
moving there.

jkm, Oct 16, 4:04am
Just dont use the Rena!

jkm, Oct 16, 4:08am
Seriously though how much is the sentimental value to you! Guessing its going to cost $2-$3K to ship it, that would equal a lot of work on a car.
Could sell the EH here and buy another one over there. If I win the lotto will make you a generous offer. ( learned to drive in an EH)

chebry, Oct 16, 4:26am
Are you sure bro Parts arent that easy to get and NZ is known for better workmanship in the panelbeating line.Kingston auto wreckers just outside Hobart has EHs parked and stacked everywhere stockers, mint, raced, he is the MAN but be nice he refuses to sell to Rare spares hes into his Holdens and seems to like Holden owners keeping their rides alive, I bought a steering box for my EH off him cheap good parts sold my 2 owner EH Special for $1750 ran it for 8 years with 179 auto it went all over OZ and TAS a tough old beast