Toyota estima lights on dash

cye2, Oct 11, 5:05am
x1
googled this and seems to be a common fault, I've changed the alternater and was running as normal for a week, but now the lights on dash have all come back up again and has that ringing sound like when you forget to turn yr headlights off. Batterys fully charged and even tried another battery from another vehicle and it still does the same thing, googling is pushing me towards my ignition switch as some have changed there alternaters and moved towards ignition.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 11, 5:07am
Which series Estima might be helpful.

snoopy221, Oct 11, 5:08am
Does it do it in forwards and not in reverse!might be helpful.

cye2, Oct 11, 5:21am
its a 93 toyota emina estima van 2.2-litre Diesel, it does it in both forwards and reverse

snoopy221, Oct 11, 5:30am
Well there ya go.
However have had same/similar problem with landcruiser-unless you enter the right SPECIFIC wording in to google-ya'll be there for a week.
However if you get a helper to **observe** the lights while you wriggle the main 3 pin plug on the back of the alternator you will find it is loose terminals in that plug causing the lack of a common earth for the lights.
[Estima is a little bit diferrent due to alternator mounting on the sub shaft]
Remedy-remove plug tighten terminals inside plug with a small scredriver refit plug to alternator

snoopy221, Oct 11, 5:32am
I've changed the alternater and was running as normal for a week, but now the lights on dash have all come back up again

!Happens when ya remove and refit same plug and it getzzzz a week of betta contak.lol!

thejazzpianoma, Oct 11, 5:34am
BTW, you should be aware that those have a nasty habbit of snapping the drivers neck in even a fairly mild frontal impact. All good if you are aware and comfortable with that, but lots of Estima drivers are not aware and I only think its fair to let them know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=APLJcuUVrnw

curlcrown, Oct 11, 5:38am
And next you are going to tell us no one has ever died in a fiat.

guest, Apr 21, 4:28pm
Does anyone know how to sort this problem,mine just done it today