Worst advice ever given here?

Page 2 / 4
sr2, Oct 21, 3:45am
Let's try another edit please Johnno, your post still isn't making sense.

cuda.340, Oct 21, 3:49am
got told a VW Amorak turbo diesel was a good strong vehical with loads of torque, yeah right. took one for a test drive since we are looking to upgrade our company fleet. will NOT be upgrading with VW Amoraks thats for sure, we would buy high maint Toyotas or bad chassis Navaras before we would buy a Amorak.

johnf_456, Oct 21, 3:51am
move on and please don't name call.

kazbanz, Oct 21, 4:04am
Actuallyignoring comments from people who clearly show they whouldn't know what end of the spanner to use to do up a philips screw.
The very worst advise was "Ohh no you don't/won't need a warranty for one of those" refering to a car with a rep for blowing gearboxes.

I do wonder if people were required to put money where mouth is backing up their advice if they would be sayinmg the same stuff

mark68, Oct 21, 4:31am
women on here wanting to buy a 10 or 15 year old people mover for themselves and 1 or 2 kids.eekk.maintenance and fuel heavy and well thrashed by that time.stick to a Corolla.

clark20, Oct 21, 4:40am
Just the other day "run turbos on low octane because they are low compression" Worst advice ever!

franc123, Oct 21, 5:11am
Yes well you know that, and I know that, but what constitutes complete vehicle maintenance is a totally foreign concept to many motorists here. Because most people have been fed a diet of castoff vehicles from another country for the last 25 years they wouldn't know what a manufacturers service booklet looked like, let alone how to follow it.Its far easier to behave like sheep and let a wof inspector tell them whats about to fall off every six months and plead ignorance/whinge when the cambelt breaks or the auto dies from years of swimming in its own liquid faeces. People here pay a fortune for orphan jap domestic models that really aren't that good to start with and would be regarded with suspicion and next to unsaleable in other countries.I often deal with immigrants from the UK and can't believe how much more knowledge they have about how their cars work and recognise the need for good service compared to most kiwis.

usdefault, Oct 21, 5:19am
Kaz.he said jappers are shyte.

hyphen, Oct 21, 5:21am
yes, but they are so fashionable at the mo, you can't be in the soccer-mum set without a people mover you know!

usdefault, Oct 21, 5:26am
Does a Toyota Estima count as the soccer mum set or just the samoan mum set!

Theres a big difference for the genuine soccer mums you know.

hyphen, Oct 21, 5:30am
so true, but most kiwis have become so maorified over the last generation or so they have lost the civilized British attitude towards motoring in the true sense, those glorious blasts down a country lane, Eh! what-ho

paul861, Oct 21, 6:07am
someone said diesels need a fuel additive

splinter67, Oct 21, 6:10am
ROFL well done

carclan, Oct 21, 7:15am
VTNZ WOF

5236, Oct 21, 7:18am
Lol you think it bad here in pets and animals everyone thinks they are a vet! I've seen some of the worst advice Eva!

msj23, Oct 21, 7:24am

maddog007, Oct 21, 7:38am
how about,
yes buy that toyota caviller , its a toyota so will be reliable & is a steal .

1ollie, Oct 21, 8:14am
Yeah man that is up there! bahahaha think the same person advises that you gain power from it also and even that boost gauges have no point in the world

djrandomguy, Oct 21, 9:58am
buys a 607, your argument is invalid.

kazbanz, Oct 21, 8:50pm
I don't BUY pos euro's as a matter of choice. They are trade ins needing disposal.
The NZ army thanked me profusely for donating fiat punto's and multiplas as gunnery practice but aparently they had to be dinged up a bit first as they are so ugly the gunner was struggling to aim at them his eyes were streaming so badly.

chebry, Oct 21, 9:07pm
Give them that awful yentong crap you dredge up in Japland nice shiny targets easy to hit and it will save the NZ public having to suffer more jap discards.

nzdoug, Oct 21, 9:59pm
I remember , writting on a crapper wall.
"NEVER BUY A CUMMER VAN"
At Jackson Bay , mear Haast.
I have allways avoided them since. (and before)

nzdoug, Oct 21, 9:59pm
I remember , reading on a crapper wall.
"NEVER BUY A CUMMER VAN"
At Jackson Bay , mear Haast.
I have allways avoided them since. (and before)

kngfhrt, Oct 21, 10:45pm
A know it all m8t of mine said he had just put a new timing belt in his TD2.3Nissan single cab diesel. i was quite Impressed with this statement of his after popping the bonnet and there looking up at me was this over head valve motor not an OHC motor
.and quietly in my mind i was like wtf!

didn't want to burst the Mans bubble lol

trdbzr, Oct 21, 11:27pm
You do realize that even VWs, Mercs, BMWs etc are made in China right!