Worst advice ever given here?

Page 1 / 4
msj23, Oct 20, 11:53pm
Anyone seen any shocking advice given about cars on here!

Im sure i just saw someone write that all european cars were terrible and should be run from, here the other day. Shocking

a.woodrow, Oct 20, 11:54pm
I saw someone recommending an aa inspection a week or two back

morrisman1, Oct 20, 11:57pm
Someone recommended a multipla once

msj23, Oct 20, 11:57pm
I wonder if anyone has ever recommended a Ford Transit. Hands down the worst thing i've seen on wheels in 10 years

bmc460, Oct 20, 11:59pm
Lots of people on here hate euro's but i had more trouble with mazda's in a year than what iv'e had with saab in 6 year's.

splinter67, Oct 21, 12:00am
Run a v8 without an aircleaner

msj23, Oct 21, 12:01am
It must be some kind of xenophobia or whatever because everyone seems to have this warped opinion of euro cars in NZ but they are amazing vehicles which if maintained right just go and go and go

msj23, Oct 21, 12:01am
omg

motorboy2011, Oct 21, 12:02am
Use an engine flush

johnf_456, Oct 21, 12:09am
Witnessed a vw getting recommended because of cheap parts only to see other owners unable to afford these so called cheeeeeeep parts.

Then i saw a multpila getting recommended but then you need to find a mask to drive the things with.

kazbanz, Oct 21, 12:09am
Kettle/pot a bit isn't this!
To say "euro cars are reliable" is the same as saying "jap cars are always reliable" or "american cars are cool"
MY personal experience with older (1990's) euro cars has not been good.
VW golf's,polo's Older Bmw 318/230's. Fiat Punto.Peugeot 607.A class Merc's Cclass mercsALL have had mechanical issues,cosmetics falling to bits etc.
I see this issue getting worse with the increased use of biodegradeable wiring and interiors

So IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE eurorean cars don't age well

taurus61, Oct 21, 12:14am
Do Asian sourced cars not use materials! are they not as recyclable ! not stirring just asking the question. What is better in the long run for us all !

unbeatabull, Oct 21, 12:19am
This x100

vtecintegra, Oct 21, 12:29am
Funnyly enough a European design.

The later models aren't too bad anyway

kazbanz, Oct 21, 12:33am
To my knowledge the japs use recyclable materials rather than biodegradeable. The difference being that one kind DOES break down over time the other breaks down when deliberately caused to,

gammelvind, Oct 21, 12:37am
06 model here, lots of issues, least I don't have to pay for it, company vehicle.

nightsky1, Oct 21, 12:40am
jazz will have revenge on thou

supernova2, Oct 21, 12:43am
Buy a sprinter! and I dont mean a Merc either.LOL

fitandhealthy, Oct 21, 1:42am
You can't of ever seen a Mazda Bongo then

nzvehiclesales1, Oct 21, 1:48am
They just need to maintained more than most other manufactures. Or you can look at mechanical warranties to take most of the risk away. We can help you with that

r15, Oct 21, 2:15am
and the warranties last i checked were more expensive on euro's too. but hey what would a mechanical warranty company know about break down costs on cars.

johnf_456, Oct 21, 2:19am
that's just non sense wait to the salesman sees this

Lol

tgray, Oct 21, 3:34am
waiting.lol

hatchback, Oct 21, 3:41am
A few have admitted to owning a Cavalier.I even met a lady once who had one with Chev badges, she said hers was the genuine one that was actually made by Chev.no shit

mark68, Oct 21, 3:42am
actually most vans , lets face it , are crap.except maybe Hiace , Merc and VW.