ROVER 600 HANDBRAKE

deano21, Oct 21, 1:48am
Hi was wondering if anyone could help with a problem i have with the hand brake on my rover 600 i ajusted the cable at the lever end so only 4 clicks can be felt but still the car rolls forward i checked the pads and they seem fine ! any ideas wot else i could check! Thanx dean

xpfairmont, Oct 21, 2:17am
Have you tried adjusting the back brakes!Maybe the rear shoes are getting a bit worn! Is there much movement in the pedal!

deano21, Oct 21, 2:21am
adjusted the rear brakes by unscrewing the calliper piston is this what you mean!cheers dean

panicky, Oct 21, 2:25am
have you recently had the pads replaced!

deano21, Oct 21, 2:28am
nol pads havebeen in a while brakes work fine just handbrake won't !

panicky, Oct 21, 2:32am
Well, in any case I would be removing the hand brake cables totally of the rear calipers (or slacken the cable totally), making sure that the levers go all the way to their stops and pumping the brake pedal a few times to get the mechanism in the caliper to reset and then hooking everything back up and seeing if it improves it.

toyboy3, Oct 21, 2:36am
Let the cable offfirst to allow the ratchet to reset and make sure the handbrake levers go back to their rest positionalso check that the cable isn't seized

deano21, Oct 21, 2:39am
do the calliper pistons adjust automatically ! i did notice that when i actuated the lever on the calliper the piston didnt seem to extend very much ! is that the norm ! thanx dean

deano21, Oct 21, 3:44am
just spoke to the owner of the car and he said the braking % wer all fine just failed on the handbrake!