Would you pay for this service.?

shazza541, Nov 4, 2:36am
Would you pay for someone to move your vehicles for you, be it to and from workshops, moving house, car shows, buying from out of town etc!

I have the opportunity to get myself a decent car transporter truck with a winch, similar size to what the towies use. I was thinking of picking it up and using it to try make some money transporting vehicles around. It has the option of being a normal transporter with a deck and folding ramps or having a box body with drop down tail door to use as a ramp, making it sealable for dry transport and able to move car parts, engines, wheels as well (or anything else).

If I went ahead with it, it would be a registered business with painted and signwritten truck, Not just some Joe Schmoe turning up at your house with a clapped out piece of crap truck with no rego or road user.

I'm thinking I would come up with a per km price, based in Tauranga. And would service Bay of Plenty, Auckland, Waikato perhaps.

gmphil, Nov 4, 2:40am
got ur n class licence !

shazza541, Nov 4, 2:43am
there is no such thing as an 'n' class licence, but yes i have 1,2,4,F,D,R,T,V,W

olsod2, Nov 4, 3:12am
depending on weight of truck you will also need a good service licence.my son hashis licence to tow cars, with police check, medical and test it cost him over $1000.he already had class 2 and 4

kazbanz, Nov 4, 4:40am
good idea butbefore you go ahead I'd suggest working out what you need to charge to make money out of it.

mrfxit, Jan 28, 12:57pm
& a Very clear contract along with being pedantic about photo's of the gear/cars etc on pickup & delivery