Insurance company quoted me for accident

Page 3 / 3
slimdog, Sep 20, 10:24pm
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. yeah of course I would have been better off if I was insured. Is $15 a month normal, or on the very very low of the scale! I thought it would be a lot more than that. Is that with no claims, ever!

a.woodrow, Sep 20, 10:27pm
Haven't had claims other than windscreens, have a few speeding tickets and such over the years, I'm with state but I would say that $15 is pretty normal, you probably wouldn't pay much more even if you had an insurance claim previously, as 3rd party is still lower risk for insurer

a.woodrow, Sep 20, 10:28pm
I pay about $30 monthly for the other car for full insurance, its insured as a business vehicle

slimdog, Sep 20, 10:40pm
Good to know, I had no idea. Less than $10 a week for full, less than $5 for 3rd party. Even I could afford that.

olsod2, Sep 21, 1:25am
have my delta truck with aon just under $100third party a year.sr2 where in the world is 3rd party compulsery.in oz their 3rd party is the same as our acc

sr2, Sep 21, 1:58am
England

phillip.weston, Sep 21, 2:05am
^^ together with Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Norway, and many states of the US

ema1, Sep 21, 2:08am
It's the law in the UK and lots of other countries to be insured as much as 3rd party but policy cover varies country to country, sooner it becomes law here the better for all concerned.
If you get caught over there without current vehicle insurance by the police you are "in for the high jump pal."

pauldw, Sep 21, 2:15am
Your biggest 3rd party liability by far is for personal injury and that is covered by the ACC portion of your Licence fee in NZ. In the US slimdog probably would have the other driver claiming far more than $2000 for "whiplash" neck injuries.