Holden sv6 "service alarm" keeps coming on

lisa35, Oct 30, 6:31am
any ideas how to turn it off! we do our own service oil etc but the alarm goes off every minute, last time Ebett in Tga turned it off when they had serviced.

m2geek, Oct 30, 6:41am
Have you tried having it serviced!

Usually google has answers ;)

monaro17, Oct 30, 7:45am
what model commodore!

alan1111, Oct 30, 8:49am
it is in owners handbook. Only takes 10 seconds to do but as above what model.

icemans1, Oct 30, 11:46am
seeing as your google is broken, i used mine

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1863576

To reset the reminder:

1. Hold down the steering wheel's trip button
2. Turn on the ignition
3. Release the trip button and then press enter (press the left scroll wheel in)
4. It should ask if you want to reset the service reminder ??

lisa35, Oct 30, 7:23pm
thanks for that, its an 05 sv6 cant find manuel and where is the trip button on the steering wheel! and yes i am a woman! thanks for the help

kingfisher21, Oct 30, 7:54pm
The above one is for the wrong model, this one is the correct one,

Service Reminder Reset

Hold the UP and DOWN buttons then turn ignition on, wait until you hear the beep(3 secs).
Screen displayed "Service Reminder 60,000"
Press and hold SET until the beep.
Display shows "Service Reminder, No Items"

lisa35, Oct 30, 8:23pm
ok did that, i had been holding the wrong buttons i thought it was the ones on the steering wheel not the dash so i got that worked great it did exactly as you said and shows service reminder "no items" but i then started the car and it flashed up and beeped again to "service, mmmm so not sure why its still doing it when it says no items! yr thoughts

franc123, Oct 31, 4:40am
Does it say 'service engine soon'! If so it means there has been an engine fault code logged, they do that if a non critical fault has occured, it does this instead of putting the check engine light on. Only a scan tool will get rid of it, after whatever the fault is has been fixed of course.

franc123, Oct 31, 4:41am
Thats VE not VZ.

kingfisher21, Oct 31, 4:53am
Follow these instructions to the letter,

The VZ Service Due Reminder can easily be reset by the car owner, as follows.
Ignition OFF, hold down the 'UP' and 'DOWN' buttons of the trip computer. While holding them, turn ignition ON.Keep buttons down for about three seconds. Then press and hold the set button, until you hear a 'beep'. The display should read 'SERVICE RESET NO ITEMS'. Press and hold the'set' button again for 3 or 4 seconds, the 'SERVICE OIL' lamp will go out, turn ignition off, then on again.
DONE.

franc123, Oct 31, 9:27am
Re read post #8, the service reminder has been reset successfully, if, and a its a big if, it is still saying service engine soon there is a fault code logged. It will need interrogating with a scan tool if this is the case. OK.

lisa35, Nov 1, 6:02am
Kingfisher thanks we have tried that and no differance it is also flashing up immediatly after "service vehicle soon" to "change oil" also, my husband changed the oil last week and said he slightly overfilled it would this make a differance! the service resety no items comes straight up after the initial 3 second hold down it dosent let me hold down the set button again as it immediatly flashes up service vehicle soon again. thanks for your help.

a.woodrow, Nov 1, 7:18am
"service oil" warning is a fault, fairly well known at dealers, take it in and they will run you throught the options

xs1100, Nov 1, 8:28am
was going to say take it to ebbets and they might even show you or do it for free and can check other fault codes whilst there