Suspension Questions

tradingfreak360, Nov 1, 6:01am
I have recently purchased a 2003 Honda Accord that has certified Tein Adjustable Coilover Suspension. I am wanting to change it back to the factory suspension as the current set up doesn't suit the country roads I live on.
If it were to be changed back does it have to be re-certified! If so what would be the cost!
And regarding Suspension, I have been quoted $50 per strut on exchange for the Tein coilovers, otherwise it's $195 without the exchange. Does this sound like good price.
Also roughly how much labour to remove and replace the suspension!
TIA

mugenb20b, Nov 1, 6:56am
1.You won't need a cert for stock suspension.

2. Both prices are good if we are talking brand new parts.

3. If the struts and shocks are sold as a unit, the whole job can be done in 2 to 3 hours. If the springs and shocks come as separate units, then it will take a bit longer, 3 to 4 hours roughly.

ml6989, Nov 2, 8:27am
You will need to take it "out" of certification because once it is put back to standard the details on the cert plate and in the NZTA database will not match the vehicle. Unsure of prices.

morrisman1, Nov 2, 8:52am
Find a low KM set of second hand standard struts and just buy them, swap them over then sell the tiens on here. Don't let a cowboy swap them over either, they are the most vital component in your vehicle so you dont want it stuffed up. What I mean by that is dont send it to someone whos only qualification is putting stage 2 suspension in their civic on need for speed underground

You will be sacrificing grip and handling for comfort when you go back to standard but if thats what you are after then go for it. The teins should go for decent money on here, maybe $800 if in good condition.

lotus7s3, Nov 2, 11:59pm
Keep the tien suspension and just change thesprings. Costs about $400 dollars for complete set. Suggest puttingin 250 pound per inch rear and 180 pound per inch front. It will ride soft and give great grip.