Mitsi Galant 2009

bikpelabird, Nov 4, 10:24am
I have just bought one, ( Jap Import ) and would like to know if anyone knows of a good radio tech' in Auckland to take it to so that I can get the radio and possibly the GPS converted to NZ spec's.

lazzo, Nov 4, 1:00pm
Imported Galants are essentially a Lancer but were sold in Japan badged as a Galant. Any auto electrician should be able to put a band expander on it in no time at all, a simple job, but good luck with the GPS, that issue has been discussed here many times over and the generaloutcome is always the same. Pretty much impossible.

bikpelabird, Nov 4, 1:15pm
I thought the GPS problem would be a 'no braineer', but thought I would give it a shot. Band expanders are a pain, I will try and see if I can get a whole NZ spec set up, maybe someone has one out there.

lazzo, Nov 4, 2:26pm
I think most of those Lancers/Galants have an integrated audio system (built into the dash) if that's what you want you could try and get one from a NZ New wrecked car which will almost certainly not include the GPS unit.

franc123, Nov 4, 7:11pm
What, didn't the dealer tell you that it was difficult and expensive at best and impossible at worst! Surely not.

bikpelabird, Nov 5, 3:31am
Not worried about the GPS as I have one already hooked up, just need to get rid of annoying Jap female voice every time I start the car, starting to turn me physco.Hopefully this will be fixed with the installation of new stereo system, which looks as though it will fill where the Jap system is installed

n3d4sp3d, Nov 5, 6:04am
mitsi dealers can sell you a sat nav stereo combo that should fit they are and accessory for current model lancer which is the same platform as your galant