Fuel pump problem

selwyn_peters, Nov 9, 8:25am
Hi all I have a sr18 Primera 92 model that won't start and I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump but I can't find it. Could it be in the boot or under the back seat! Any advice on fuel pumps would be good thanks

intrade, Nov 9, 8:35am
probably inside the fueltank like they all are on petrol injected cars 95 onwards. Supersheep auto be where to buy a new pump from . running out of petrol will nuke some of these pumps real fast

intrade, Nov 9, 8:36am
so more like backseat, dont know if it has axess some do some cars you got to drop the whole fueltank to get to the pumps

morrisman1, Nov 9, 8:44am
to find if its the fuel pump just take off the fuel hose which goes to the inlet side of the fuel rail (from the filter) and put it in an old coke bottle. turn key on and it should flow for a couple seconds then turn off. That will tell you if the pump is flowing. It should come out with quite a stream.

n1smo_gtir, Nov 9, 8:58am
try BNT before Supercheap or Repco. it'd pay to replace Fuel Filter too if you replacing fuel pump. Google up fuel pump location for your specific model. most are under rear seat. google to a manual to find out specific instruction on depressurising fuel line before commencing the change.

selwyn_peters, Nov 9, 9:03am
Thanks guys will check in the morning. Is it worth looking for a second hand one or can you pick them up for a $100 or so !

intrade, Nov 9, 9:06am
dont bother secoundhand it be 150 or so at supersheep for brand new , dont even bother with repco that stands for Rip-every -poor-C%nt-off

intrade, Nov 9, 9:08am
i got one for a mazda capella 550$ ex japan mazda 14 days lol . supercheap auto 150$ and partsmaster 210$ went with partsmaster as they had it on the shelf.

n1smo_gtir, Nov 9, 9:09am
put it this way man, i looked in the latest nz performance car mag, it had an ad for walbro performance fuel pumps for $150 new so i wouldn't piss around going 2nd hand. being stuck on side of road with buggered out 2nd hand fuel pump to save a few measely dollars aint worth the hassle. most wreckers charge a bomb.

n1smo_gtir, Nov 9, 9:13am

hondalova, Nov 9, 12:22pm
primera fuel pump access, pull rear seat out, small tin panel under seat with 3 bolts, remove panel, diconnect plugs and twist the big plastic nut. maybe tight. i had many issues with my old primera. i got soo good at it, i could replace the fuel pump in 5mins, that included removing the seat.

bevharris1938, Nov 9, 5:57pm
We sell sell brand new aftermarket ones for $75 (not me the co. i work for)

selwyn_peters, Nov 9, 11:34pm
Just got fuel pump out. Thanks for the advice made it a lot easier. Rang supercheap and they said 270$ and repco said $400 think I'll be buying one online haha

n1smo_gtir, Nov 10, 7:28am
400 is absurd. Their mark up must be like 320 buck lol