Car accident?

Page 2 / 3
3tomany, Nov 19, 8:25pm
i had a situation recently not with a car but with property damage caused by a third party the situation was very complicated so wont go into it but i rang my insurance company and lodged a claim. After the insurance company took every detail there lawyers advised we pay for nothing and let them sue as we were not liable in any way and they would fight it for me. armed with this we had a meeting with all parties involved came to a conclusion that suited everyone sharing the cost three ways so no one was to much out of pocket and no drawn out court costs. The moral of the story is ask youre insurance company and i am sure the problem will go away

splinter67, Nov 19, 8:40pm
This is the best advice on here dont listen to the internet lawyers on here

motorboy2011, Nov 19, 9:38pm
I agree, there is no way to establish what damage, if any you caused. On another topic, who was driving the car you hit! They could have driven STRAIGHT to the nearest police station and explained that they did not feel safe to stop etc

lyng1, Nov 20, 4:12am
Son had a small accident causing a "push in" dent in a plastic bumper. Their insurance company tried to charge him over $1000 for replacement bumper, bumper bar, grill and a headlight!
Don't accept liability for any damage you did not see at the time.

lookoutas, Nov 20, 4:29am
If you saw a video of how far a so called 'Push in" dent went back, you wouldn't doubt that a bumper bar is bent, headlight & grill mounting tabs broken, panels behind pushed in, etc.
Bumper bars are not allowed to be straightened - tabs on headlights and grills can be welded, but are likely to snap again upon hitting the first bird. Hence, anyone on a third party claim will always get replacements.
These items are not often noticed until strip-down time

black.ap5, Nov 23, 3:34am
so verdict. recieved pictures of the damage which is a scratch on the bumper and somehow the number plate on a mazda 3. she is also been sneaky enough to have a picture taken of some other damage to the right front guard definatly nothing to do with me this is a total of 9 hundred

msigg, Nov 23, 4:31am
well offer her $650 ! and call it quits. Get her to sign something. Tell her its christmas. These things can drag on if your not careful. Good luck.

daryl14, Nov 23, 6:47am
I Could see this coming at the start of the thread. They took off, Now are claiming for damage you didn't cause. The insurance assessor will soon sort them out.

splinter67, Nov 23, 6:56am
Let your insurance sort it out for you that's what you pay for

kevin.b, Nov 23, 10:05am
Tell your insurance company about the situation and get them to ask her insurance company for a copy of the claim form she has lodged with them. Then when your insurance company see she has claimed for frontal damage they should tell her insurance company that they'll not be proceeding with the claim as she has effectively attempted to commit insurance fraud. Her claim should be declined by her own insurance company, and if they're smart they should look at cancelling her policy too, as you never know when she may want to claim for something else that wasn't actually 'an accident'.

kevin.b, Nov 23, 10:17am
So was the pic of the numberplate on the Mazda 3 just a pic of the plate, or was it a pic of the damage and showed the plate in the pic! As the way it's written it sounds like you're saying the car you hit wasn't a Mazda 3! Is the plate# correct, but car wrong! Sounds weird/dodgy if so.

Also, if they never stopped to exchange details, then I guess they must have some form of other evidence or witnesses to the accident, otherwise how would their insurance company prove it was even your vehicle involved, and that the other person hadn't simply chosen your cars numberplate at random from a vehicle they saw on the road!

lookoutas, Nov 23, 7:34pm
You have pictures, but we don't see them!
Might help if we did

black.ap5, Nov 25, 12:24am
from the pictures all the damage I can actually see isa scratch to her bumper anda scratch on the number plate. she didn't stop appropriately and pulled into another road with no indication and i had cars following closely behind me and the road she pulled into you couldn't stop because of the yellow lines. I wasn't about to cause any more accidents and endanger my self or the people behind me so I carried on and pulled over up the road. Yes it was a mazda three.How many quotes am i allowedand if so is it worth fixing a couple of scratches. Have seen the car and cannot see any damage to it.

daryl14, Nov 25, 12:49am
You don't help yourself much do you!

If it's a scratch it will be cheaper for her to fix herself than pay the excess for her insurance.

You don't have to pay anything because you are insured. Why is her insurance talking to you! - they should be talking to your insurance. Sounds like her insurance is trying to bully you into paying for something you don't have to.

Cease all communication with them. Ring your insurance!

black.ap5, Nov 25, 12:51am
the damage is going to cost me through my insurance 900.00 and its 913.00 i would have to sort out with her company

daryl14, Nov 25, 1:02am
Right now we're getting somewhere. If she had have stopped you could have arranged to fix it without going through insurance.

Most people would agree to this to avoid the excess payment and premium jumps following claims.

If your insurance has put you in the gun for 900 clams you must be third party! I believe you are entitled to get up to three quotes for repair.

You can't get out of it because she didn't stop. If you still want to try, go see the cops. You are supposed to report traffic accidents to police within 24 Hours.

splinter67, Nov 25, 1:27am
So did you reilise when you signed up for your insurance that your excess is $900 could it be that's why your premiums are so cheap

fryan1962, Nov 25, 1:35am
I like youre comment you were prepared to stop! what is that about!
You have an accident you stop.end of story

it is not a game of cat and mouse where you drive for miles.you stop even if they do not.it gives them opportunity to come back,and swap details

Then if they do not stop report to police.this is pretty basic stuff

fryan1962, Nov 25, 1:40am
I had accident guy sideswiped me he failed to merge correctly he pushed me into on coming traffic
We go out he started to rant.I asked for details.he was rabbiting on.I told him to be quiet gave my details
I put claim in with details,marks on vehicle confirmed my story.insurance sorted him out.I can no see the point of arguing with Idiots,as it just drags me down to their level

black.ap5, Nov 25, 2:59am
duh if you had of read that comment correctly then you would have understood it. By that comment i mean i would have been happy to stop to swap details with the other person. Thanks for your comment but you need to re read the comment i wrote first that way you wouldnt be replying so sarcastically.

fryan1962, Nov 25, 10:22am
Duh re read it.did you stop!
or you were happy to stop

elliehen, Nov 25, 11:15am
Insurance company advice is never to admit liability, even if you think you caused an accident, because the law is a tangled web and there might be extenuating circumstances.

Another piece of advice they give is not to call the police unless someone is injured, because the police will almost certainly give both drivers a ticket for careless driving!

black.ap5, Nov 26, 6:19am
Yes I was happy to stop as i hit her but. she didnt stop straight away and pulled into another road where there is yellow lines as ive noticed.without indication and i had cars following me closely aswell so i didnt want to cause an accident

itsbutters, Nov 26, 6:31am
So, she pulled off down a side road and you carried on past! She's probably saying that YOU didn't stop. Even if she didn't indicate and were being followed closely, that's not a reason to carry on and not turn around or pull over down the road and wait for them.

black.ap5, Nov 26, 6:41am
I did pull over up futher as there was A blind corner do you think that would have been wise mate.