Losing water

craigie, Nov 20, 3:53am
1993 isuzu bighorn 3.1l, losing the water from radiator and resoivour over a couple of days no sign of water in engine bay or on garage floor after being driven dont know where it could possibly be going help please.
cheers craigie .

intrade, Nov 20, 3:58am
do you got propper antifreeze in the cooling system!
and is it a diesel or petrol!

jason18, Nov 20, 3:59am
You may have a small split in a radiator pipe that leaks under pressure

craigie, Nov 20, 4:47am
diesel cant see a split has me stumped

curlcrown, Nov 20, 5:05am
First thing to check it the radiator cap.

intrade, Nov 20, 5:38am
yea and has it got coolant in there ! the secound time!

craigie, Nov 20, 5:58am
intrade it's losing all it's water so have to keep filling it up so it's lost all the coolant what do I check the radiator cap for!

intrade, Nov 20, 6:01am
na it wont be that then. i would say its loosing the water when it warms up run it warm in the garage and whatch where the water goes. also check inside the vehicle its not dumping it inside the car on a broken heater element .

craigie, Nov 20, 6:03am
cheers guys for the info cheers craigie

nzeva, Nov 21, 4:24am
If the radiator cap is faulty and not holding pressure.the water will overflow out the top when the engine is hot.
Easy to check.when the engine is COLD the top radiator hose will be soft to squeeze. When it's HOT it will be hard to squeeze.
If still soft to squeeze when hot, the radiator cap is faulty and needs replacing.

intrade, Nov 21, 4:33am
he said it lost the lot so its got to be more then just pushing out from a faulty cap. waterpump seal that leaks when engine warms up will dump the whole lot out for example. but yes nzeva thats correct too . for loosing some water

the-lada-dude, Nov 21, 4:40am
as intrade and curlcrown suggested,check the heater isn't leaking inside the cab, then check the oil dip stick for oil contaminated by water ( oil turns grey - white ) then replace the radiator cap ( which i suspect is the cause. what do you think sr2 !