Gps can they detect speed camera in police cars ?

Page 3 / 3
splinter67, Dec 8, 7:46pm
I dont need google I have a gps I know that it does not tell me where mobile cameras are unlike you who does not have one

lpggas, Dec 8, 7:59pm
FFS .use your knoggin & read the posts .it is only top line units from some manufacturers that have this feature & they rely on other users who have observed cameras recording them so that future map updates that people download will have known camera locations on them

splinter67, Dec 8, 8:18pm
Now for the last time clown I had one that did that it was worse than useless it did not tell me where speed cameras where it told me where some google using fwit had thought they had seen one how about in the middle of the first sister no where to park a camera there so in reality they dont work which you would understand if youd had one in the real world not looked it up on google

lpggas, Dec 8, 8:23pm
Big deal .one muppet had selected the wrong location .you simply mark this as a false spot & it will never beep there again .the facts are that GPS unit DO have this functionality which was what the OP was asking .

splinter67, Dec 8, 8:26pm
NO THEY DONT! the op asked if it would pick up mobile cameras they do not read it again you have no idea what you are talking about

lpggas, Dec 8, 8:42pm
Waster of time banging my head against a brick wall with a illiterate muppet .TTFN

chebry, Dec 8, 9:03pm
Do you not realise the same GPS units we can buy are on sale in other countries and use the same mapping programs. Some of those other countries Australia in particular Radar detectors of any type are illegal, yet you with your head crammed up your central orifice claim these units can perform functions deemed illegal elsewhere they are marketed How feckin thick are you

lpggas, Dec 8, 9:16pm
Who pushed your button noddy .! .go look at the garmin & Tom Tom websites & you will see that top line models have the ability to allow users to mark the known locations of speed cameras ( or safety cameras as tomtom call them ) . That is not illegal as it is not radar detection which is not something I have claimed they can do

lpggas, Dec 8, 9:22pm
To those who cannt use google here is the link to tomtom website which clearly states the features include " mobile & fixed camera alerts "

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/car-navigation/go-live-series/index.jsp

spead, Dec 8, 9:25pm
only fixed ones. If you are worried then slow down

pitchey, Dec 9, 11:04am
Mobile being the camera vans and their parked/operating locations.

chebry, Dec 9, 5:57pm
You need to wake up to reality speed cameras move about there is no such thing as a known location You are a fool. The question was Can a GPS detect a speed camera! The quick correct answer is NO they Cannot

pollymay, Dec 9, 7:11pm
I could name quite a few off the top of my head actually where they are almost consistently. Yes they move but they also have some favourite possies where they get a high turnover most of the time.

splinter67, Dec 9, 7:13pm
Your right but the original question was can my gps pick up speed cameras the answer is no it cant its a gps not a radar detector

lpggas, Dec 10, 7:52am
NO that was not the original question .OP was asking why his unit goes beep beep & shows a picture of a camera .talk about illiterate

lpggas, Dec 10, 7:55am
If you bothered to read you would see my comments that mobile cameras tend to be creatures of habit & regularly frequent the same old spots
And no the OP did not ask if his GPS can detect speed cameras .he asked why it was going beep beep & showing a picture of a camera . Another illiterate who obviously can't read or comprehend written English

splinter67, Dec 10, 8:19am
whats the title of this thread is it big enough to read as for iliterate no otherwise how would I be typing now have another look and pull ya head in

lpggas, Dec 10, 8:24am
Read the TEXT in the ops statement .And nowhere have I even remotely stated that a GPS can detect cameras . You have a serious attitude problem .

splinter67, Dec 10, 8:34am
If you have ever started a thread you would know the first bit you type is the heading have a look at the top of the page read it twice and the ask yourself what was the first question the op asked and by the way I have the attitude you have the problem

lunar2, Dec 10, 8:56am
Get the trapster app for your phone, (android and apple) they have live updates available, you can report live camera locations on the fly, and anyone traveling behind you will get an alert when they get close. Bit of a 3g data hog but worth it. Warns of roadworks, school zones and speed limit changes as well.